Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
glenmiz
Posts: 1206
Joined: 8/30/2013
14ers: 58 
13ers: 124 1 3
Trip Reports (4)
 

Re: Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Post by glenmiz »

pbakwin wrote:I hate to pick nits but do appreciate accuracy. Is glen’s final time off by an hour due to not accounting for the time change? If Andrew started at 22:52 and finished at 14:00 that’s 84d14h8m once you subtract the time change hour. Yes? We don’t want the next guy thinking he’s got an extra hour!!!
Boy, I'm sorry. This is the first time I've looked back and I didn't update the last point from my day-earlier estimate. Kenton, you are correct and the finishing time was 13:49. Here's an updated sheet with the correct finishing time and total time corrected to 84 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes.
AndrewFinal.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aim high to end high
Sean Nunn
Posts: 857
Joined: 7/29/2013
14ers: 35 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)
 

Re: Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Post by Sean Nunn »

glenmiz wrote:
pbakwin wrote:I hate to pick nits but do appreciate accuracy. Is glen’s final time off by an hour due to not accounting for the time change? If Andrew started at 22:52 and finished at 14:00 that’s 84d14h8m once you subtract the time change hour. Yes? We don’t want the next guy thinking he’s got an extra hour!!!
Boy, I'm sorry. This is the first time I've looked back and I didn't update the last point from my day-earlier estimate. Kenton, you are correct and the finishing time was 13:49. Here's an updated sheet with the correct finishing time and total time corrected to 84 days, 13 hours, 57 minutes.

AndrewFinal.JPG
Well that changes everything!!! I am going to give this record a shot next year, if it is only 84d, 13h, and 57m. :lol:
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
User avatar
SchralpTheGnar
Posts: 1958
Joined: 2/26/2008
14ers: 52  49  1 
13ers: 53 41
Trip Reports (23)
 

Re: Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

I’m going to be giving a talk at 5pm tonight at falling rock on how climate change is impacting the winter climbing community. Admission is free.
User avatar
12ersRule
Posts: 2315
Joined: 6/18/2007
14ers: 58 
13ers: 160
Trip Reports (4)
 

Re: Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Post by 12ersRule »

SchralpTheGnar wrote:I’m going to be giving a talk at 5pm tonight at falling rock on how climate change is impacting the winter climbing community. Admission is free.

Could you post that transcript of your talk on this site? Preferably in every thread so I can find it.
Sh!tposting on the dot com since 2007!

List of peaks
Strava
User avatar
Mtnman200
Posts: 1235
Joined: 9/26/2012
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 472
Trip Reports (85)
 

Re: Winter 2018 14ers attempt

Post by Mtnman200 »

"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner