Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
AnnaG22
Posts: 831
Joined: 9/16/2013
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (6)
 

Re: Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Post by AnnaG22 »

This is SO awesome, Brad! Congratulations!!
Book 2 in the works?? You're up to how many of the 7 summits now?
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
User avatar
bmcqueen
Posts: 662
Joined: 4/22/2013
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 377 18
Trip Reports (25)
 

Re: Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Post by bmcqueen »

AnnaG22 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 17, 2026 5:54 pm This is SO awesome, Brad! Congratulations!!
Book 2 in the works?? You're up to how many of the 7 summits now?
Haha, no way on book 2! Seven summits isn’t much either - only two of the official ones done (three if we count Mont Blanc for Europe while Russia isn’t playing nice). I have no desire to ever do Everest.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
User avatar
bmcqueen
Posts: 662
Joined: 4/22/2013
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 377 18
Trip Reports (25)
 

Re: Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Post by bmcqueen »

Mtnman200 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 10, 2026 11:26 am Brad McQueen and the rest of his climbing party reached the summit of Mt. Vinson, the highest peak in Antarctica. Congratulations on a huge accomplishment, Brad! I expect to see a trip report after you get home.
Trip report is now up for anyone interested - https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepo ... trip=23413
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
User avatar
nyker
Posts: 3570
Joined: 12/5/2007
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)
 

Re: Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Post by nyker »

Great read Brad, thanks for posting!
User avatar
mtnkub
Posts: 492
Joined: 8/7/2009
14ers: 58  1  7 
13ers: 129 4 4
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: Brad McQueen climbs Mt. Vinson (16,050')

Post by mtnkub »

Congratulations! And nice write-up!