Favorite repeats

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
User avatar
14er101
Posts: 32
Joined: 7/3/2017
Trip Reports (0)
 

Re: Favorite repeats

Post by 14er101 »

Favorite 14er repeats?
I keep finding myself doing Grays and Torreys from Loveland Pass, have probably done that a dozen times by now.

Mostly, though, I tend to repeat the 13ers.
I've done Fletcher and HorseshoeA at least 30 times. These ones are nice because you can do them any month of the year, and there are a ton of interesting route options that are not the easy standard routes (although these are nice too)

Really any mountain with cool geology is great to repeat
There is no wifi in the mountains, but I promise you will find a better connection
User avatar
JacobW
Posts: 149
Joined: 6/15/2012
14ers: 45  17  4 
13ers: 21 11 3
Trip Reports (5)
 

Re: Favorite repeats

Post by JacobW »

+many for Longs. So many routes, so close to my house, and such a great peak.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
dubsho3000
Posts: 655
Joined: 4/28/2008
14ers: 58  9  2 
13ers: 121 20 1
Trip Reports (6)
 

Re: Favorite repeats

Post by dubsho3000 »

Torreys for me. The variety of ski routes within my ability is fantastic. Haven't mustered the energy to do it from Loveland Pass, but hopefully someday I will. I get to Grizzly, look at Torreys, get demoralized and ask myself: "why bother?" :lol:

One day I climbed and skied Dead Dog and then reclimbed to the summit via the standard route and hit the Tuning Fork. That was a trainer for Mt Adams (WA). What an awesome day.

The F-18 flybys are pretty fun too. Got to see an excellent one from the summit where I could see the pilot.