Trip report photo problem

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
yaktoleft13
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 264 22
Trip Reports (21)

Trip report photo problem

Post by yaktoleft13 »

Hey Bill, I was trying to create a trip report and uploaded 50 photos. Those are showing when i go to the "photo" tab while editing the trip report. However, under the "report text" tab, only 7 photos are showing as uploaded, and if I exit the editor and just view my trip reports, it only lists 7 photos. Any idea what's going on?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Trip report photo problem

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I fixed the report.

This has happened before. Something gets flogged in the photo numbering when photos are added, removed, added, etc. in the edit program. The photos are out there but become inaccessible when a the numbering process gets messed up.

I'll try to find the cause this week. If it happens again, just let me know. Thanks!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
yaktoleft13
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

I'm still only showing as 7 photos uploaded for some reason on every tab except the photo tab
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Hmm, let me look when I get home this afternoon. I need to catch dinner. :)
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

I had this happen once - it was when I didn't wait for the photos to finish uploading before I tried to go over to the report tab. Just deleted and started over and next time made sure the photos finished uploading before moving over to the report tab.

Now I always wait for all the photos to get uploaded before going to the report tab and I've never had that problem again.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

yaktoleft13 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:08 am I'm still only showing as 7 photos uploaded for some reason on every tab except the photo tab
Ah, I didn't see that you deleted the first report and started another. I fixed the wrong one.

Since neither had text, I just removed the later one and un-deleted the first. Should be all set.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

daway8 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:21 pm I had this happen once - it was when I didn't wait for the photos to finish uploading before I tried to go over to the report tab. Just deleted and started over and next time made sure the photos finished uploading before moving over to the report tab.

Now I always wait for all the photos to get uploaded before going to the report tab and I've never had that problem again.
It's designed for the uploads and text editing to work in parallel and allow switching between the tabs, so I don't think that's the problem but I will include that in my troubleshooting. Thanks
yaktoleft13
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

Ah yes I tried to self-fix...no luck. Thanks again bill! Looks good now
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

yaktoleft13 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm Ah yes I tried to self-fix...no luck. Thanks again bill! Looks good now
If you could tell me a bit more (via PM) about the steps you went through each time to have it happen twice, that would be great.