Culebra Permit

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CUaaron25
14ers: 58  2  4 
13ers: 150 2 2
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Culebra Permit

Post by CUaaron25 »

CO14erfit_Shawn wrote:
BAMC25 wrote:Hey all. From the looks of things, Culebra is already sold out for the year. I'm wondering if anyone has a permit they would like to sell so I can climb the peak this year?
I have some spots open for next Friday 7/24--if interested send me an email at the address on my profile.
^^^ Just emailed you!
asarsam
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by asarsam »

Also interested in obtaining a permit if anyone else has an extra.
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

I have two permits I'll sell for $500 each. :-" Yes, I'm joking !
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
illusion7il
14ers: 58  2  57 
13ers: 261 1 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by illusion7il »

Did the Culebra thing yesterday 7/17/15. ONLY 18 people signed in/out and if I remember correctly the limit was 25 via there website. Its a risk but you could always try showing up at the gate at 5:45am with your signed waiver and money ready and possibly a copy of a photo ID. Maybe even offer them a doughnut or something. The worst that can happen is they tell you No, but there are plenty of ways to spend the day in the San Luis valley.
Sean Nunn
14ers: 35 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sean Nunn »

mtgirl wrote:I have two permits I'll sell for $500 each. :-" Yes, I'm joking !
I know you are joking but I really hope that mountain climbing doesn't go the way of professional spectator sports, road races, etc (Stub Hub, scalping of permits, having to register at midnight the night registration opens for the Boston marathon, etc.) Hopefully the fact that most 14ers climbers don't attempt Culebra until they have already climbed most of the others will keep it from being a competition to get permits. Even more important, hopefully the fact that the ranch is selling out this year won't cause them to double or triple the price in the future. I would hate to see a $1000 permit being part and parcel to successfully completing the 14ers someday.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Operation Dark Snake is looking pretty keen right now :-P
invisiblebear
14ers: 31 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by invisiblebear »

I have one Culebra permit for Saturday, 8/8/2015, that I will not be using. Message me through 14ers.com if interested.
Mountaincuts
14ers: 53  2 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mountaincuts »

Invisiblebear, just sent you a PM
Does your cauliflower have a large carbon footprint? - Progressive
Spoke537
14ers: 48  4 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Spoke537 »

What is the cost to hike Culebra these days anyway?
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage." - Anais Nin
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Spoke537 wrote:What is the cost to hike Culebra these days anyway?
$150. For that you can summit Culebra or Culebra and Red.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."