Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2014 14er Speed Record Attempt

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: 2014 14er Speed Record Attempt

Postby JGiffinPhotog » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 am

Amazing effort by you and your crew Andrew! Such an exciting and inspiring journey that you shared with all of us. Thank you so much! Love the class shown by Cave Dog & Homie as well. Just a ton of all around awesomeness!

This record may well be as untouchable as Wayne Gretzky's 92 goal season

(I also wonder how many posts this thread will have when Andrew wakes up in 3 days :wink: )
http://www.jgiffinphotos.com
"In the end, it's not so much how to succeed in life, as it is how to survive the life you've chosen" - Hunter S. Thompson
“You won't find reasonable men on the tops of tall mountains.” - Hunter S. Thompson
"...Let's go exploring!" - Bill Watterson (Calvin & Hobbs)

Postby Aardvark » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:48 am

Thanks for brightening our days, Andrew. I'm sure thousands who never think about the mountains heard about your story around water coolers all over the land. I noticed before I went to bed that over 160 guests were on the forum. Hopefully you have inspired many others beyond our small community to attempt their dreams!

Postby Max Moorman » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:34 am

Though these words feel woefully inadequate, thank you all for the inspiration. This might be the single most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Postby oldschoolczar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 am

I bet that was a tasty margarita! Amazing stuff.. Hope Andrew heals up quickly.
"Tonight I'll shave the mountain
I'll cut the hearts from pharoahs"
-Tom Waits

Postby tlongpine » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:50 am

waltoncito wrote:Funny how certain members couldn't stop posting messages of encouragement before Andrew called it and now they are silent. He deserves our support now more than ever...

I can't imagine the hour has anything to do with it. At all. :roll:
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.

Postby Mtn_Mermaid » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:08 am

Congratulations are in order here. A super human feat of willpower, spiritual, emotional, physical steel (and that's stainless steel)! Thank you for the inspiration to get out of my comfort zone and just do what's been lurking deep inside. We are dedicating our climb today to you/your crew and this forum of like-minded peeps. Climb on! Live on! Be who you are and keep shining your light in the world. Cheers.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." ~ John Muir

Postby Hungry Jack » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:57 am

Compartment syndrome is scary stuff. I hope Andrew is ok. Congrats to him and his team.
I need more dehydrogenase.

Postby forbins_mtn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 am

This has been incredible! Andrew, you are amazing! Well done and I hope you get three days of sleep, a lifetime of proud memories and a full recovery. This stuff blows my mind!

Postby Wish I lived in CO » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:13 am

Wow.

Hard to know what to say as words cannot express the effort, endurance, pain, persistence, and sheer will that you displayed. Rest well in the knowledge that you gave absolutely everything you had to give. Thats an accomplishment few can boast. Thanks for the inspiration. But like I started, after having tried to write eloquent words, my gut response reponse are simple words like:

Wow. Awesome. Amazing.

Edit - Im sure your team is way ahead on this but aftet speaking with a hand therapist apparently internal compartment syndrome can be very serious and medical attention sooner than later please consider.

Rest up rest well bad dad.
Last edited by Wish I lived in CO on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I look up to the mountains - does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:1-2

Postby jeremy27 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am

Awesome achievement. Congrats to Andrew and the crew.

Postby deb_5280 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:25 am

I woke up in the middle of the night again to check Andrew's progress, and was sad to see that the team decided to call the "quest". What an amazing adventure this has been to follow, from a desk, this past week. To read about everyone, Andrew, James, Andrea, Natalie, kids, rest of the support crew, and those incredible people who hiked with Andrew, you are all simply, one of a kind.
Rest your body, heal it up....you only get one body :-). Enjoy your kids. And know that what you've done physically and emotionally has inspired many. Congrats to you and your team for showing what a team can do together. To the rest of the 14er community, your support has been awesome. Homie and Cavedog, you are classy gentlemen.

Be well, climb on.

Postby mattingley » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am

Great job Andrew and team! We enjoyed watching your inspirational journey all week!

PreviousNext