Lost Jacket on Wetterhorn / Conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mgbosquez
Trip Reports (0)

Lost Jacket on Wetterhorn / Conditions

Post by mgbosquez »

Kind Folks of 14ers.com -

I lost my jacket this past weekend while scouting out Wetterhorn Peak. After hitting the ridge, I decided to turn around and hustle back into town to meet my buddies waiting in Lake City. My trail running decent shook my jacket out of the straps holding it on and I didn't notice until I was almost back at the car! It is a nice red jacket (shell), and if anyone is hiking the standard Southeast Ridge route and finds this jacket, I would be incredibly grateful if you would pick it up and help in returning it! I'll gladly pay for all shipping/costs associated with getting this jacket back - as well as some sort of reward to the great person that picks it up. Please give me a call if you've found this beloved piece of gear!

Matt
Denver, Colorado

Also, for those interested in the conditions, there was some small drifts of snow in the rock garden and then larger drifts (knee high) in the bowl/shoulder as the trail heads up to the ridge. Two other gents continued on up to tackle the scrambling that leads to the summit - but I turned back before "the Prow". I imagine that the scrambling was tricky, but feasible.

Cheers -

MB