- Posts: 94
- Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:02 am
- Location: Los Alamos, NM
...ScreeSurfer wrote:Yes, Vincopotamus is correct, that is N. Eolus and Eolus to the right of Turret as seen from Highway 550. www.caltopo.com has a great view analysis tool
whoa! now you all know what I will be doing on the computer every night. Looking at maps on caltopo.
- Posts: 958
- Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Littleton, CO
This is a photo that I took from atop Atlantic Peak when I did the Tenmile Traverse. As I looked at the picture the peak way in the background just peeking over Lincoln's shoulder (indicated by an arrow) piqued my interest. I wondered what it was and using Google Earth I zoomed in and out and determined after about 1hr of messing around that it was Colony Baldy. Well with Caltopo "View from here" it took about 5 seconds! Just right click on any summit or location click on "View from here" and it will bring up a pop-up screen with a zoomable view with labeled peaks. I used to use "Hey What's That" to do peak ID, but this is WAY better.
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: adamjm, ajlavigne, alpinenut, andrewhamilton, Bing [Bot], cat_bacon, cschmidt1023, Dark Helmet, Deanxpv, djkest, JasonCleghorn1975, jenkscolin, jheintz127, scottaskinger and 25 guests