Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Crestones Conditions?

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info. 14er Trip Reports, Condition Reports

Re: Crestones Conditions?

Postby billyg0atgruff » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am

:?
bergsteigen wrote:The south facing gullies all had snow in them, that did not melt off by Sunday afternoon. I have some zoom photos from the Lindsey area if desired.

Hey bergsteigen, I would like to see the photos of Lindsey! I'm headed up in a few weeks, would like to at least see what the last storm did to it! Thanks!

Nevermind... I've seen your trip report, thanks!
Last edited by billyg0atgruff on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

I took this photo of Lindsey yesterday.
Attachments
Forum_Lindsey.jpg
Forum_Lindsey.jpg (225.47 KiB) Viewed 256 times
"Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them. At bottom, mountains, like all wildernesses, challenge our complacent conviction - so easy to lapse into - that the world has been made for humans by humans. Most of us exist for most of the time in worlds which are humanly arranged, themed and controlled. One forgets that there are environments which do not respond to the flick of a switch or the twist of a dial, and which have their own rhythms and orders of existence. Mountains correct this amnesia. By speaking of greater forces than we can possibly invoke, and by confronting us with greater spans of time than we can possibly envisage, mountains refute our excessive trust in the man-made. They pose profound questions about our durability and the importance of our schemes. They induce, I suppose, a modesty in us."
― Robert Macfarlane

Postby mountain hiker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 pm

SilverLynx wrote:I took this photo of Lindsey yesterday.

You were on Blanca yesterday? Do you have a photo of Little Bear?

Previous