Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Which 14er do you fear the most?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Which 14er do you fear the most?

Postby Billy the Kid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 am

I will say, one 14ers that I hiked that did make me a little bit nervous at the time, was actually Mt. of the Holy Cross. I had heard all the tales about people departing for this hike, only to never to be seen again. Obviously, I was not worried about the technical difficulty of this peak, but all the stories about it being the “Bermuda Triangle” were definitely in the back of my mind. Plus, I ended up hiking this peak alone, which only enhanced this feeling. In the end, everything went great and I had a beautiful day in the mountains. But when looking back on the experience, I was definitely extra careful and on full alert as to where I was and which direction I had ascended from! Of the peaks I have remaining, I am most excited about hiking Little Bear, as with most people on this tread…bring it on!!
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss

Re: Which 14er do you fear the most?

Postby SuperiorTrailHiker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 am

Wish I lived in CO wrote:I'm in Bay City, flatest part of the state.

No kidding - I grew up there. I never did much hiking when I lived in Michigan so my recommendations are slim, but hey - maybe you could go bouldering in the Alkali.

Previous