Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Which 14er do you fear the most?

Colorado 14er peak questions, condition requests and other info. 14er Trip Reports, Condition Reports

Re: Which 14er do you fear the most?

Postby Billy the Kid » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 am

I will say, one 14ers that I hiked that did make me a little bit nervous at the time, was actually Mt. of the Holy Cross. I had heard all the tales about people departing for this hike, only to never to be seen again. Obviously, I was not worried about the technical difficulty of this peak, but all the stories about it being the “Bermuda Triangle” were definitely in the back of my mind. Plus, I ended up hiking this peak alone, which only enhanced this feeling. In the end, everything went great and I had a beautiful day in the mountains. But when looking back on the experience, I was definitely extra careful and on full alert as to where I was and which direction I had ascended from! Of the peaks I have remaining, I am most excited about hiking Little Bear, as with most people on this tread…bring it on!!
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."- Michael Scott

Re: Which 14er do you fear the most?

Postby SuperiorTrailHiker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 am

Wish I lived in CO wrote:I'm in Bay City, flatest part of the state.

No kidding - I grew up there. I never did much hiking when I lived in Michigan so my recommendations are slim, but hey - maybe you could go bouldering in the Alkali.

Previous