Do dogs gets altitude sickness?

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Re: Do dogs gets altitude sickness?

Postby flatlander51 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm

To Bonehead: No, I am not some sort of sexist. It is common in veterinary circles to refer to an animal of unknown sex or when using generalities, to say "He" when referring to said animal. It is easier than saying or writing he/she every time you refer to that animal. And I certainly wouldn't call the animal an "it". Personally, I have a female dog and 2 female cats, so I don't think I am a sexist. If the only thing you got out of my post was the use of the word "he", all I can say to you is that your screen name fits you well.

Postby bonehead » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:28 pm

flatlander51 wrote:No, I am not some sort of sexist.

It was a simple poke in the eye at the overly sensitive PC crowd.
Nothing personal towards you.
Your post was well written and spot on.
I apologize for my unrefined sense of humor.
Pat

Postby Presto » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:38 pm

by bonehead » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm

It was a simple poke in the eye at the overly sensitive PC crowd.
Nothing personal towards you.
Your post was well written and spot on.
I apologize for my unrefined sense of humor.
Pat

:roll: Holy barking-dog-farts, Pat ... the fact that you even feel the need to defend your bizarre, yet much desired, sense of humor is somewhat sad. :-s Gosh, what will become of my future comments if you'll resort to this drastic sort of action. 8-[ You take back that apology right now, my friend, or I will personally come and kick your *ss. :wink: 8)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby bonehead » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 am

Presto wrote:Holy barking-dog-farts, Pat ...

Hi Terri
No, an apology once offered cannot be withdrawn. The damage is done and I have to live with it.
It was the guy's first post and he couldn't read the stitches on a wild curve ball from left field.
And the time line on my post tells me I definitely broke my own Internet Posting Rules.
Never, ever push the Submit Button after a six pack.
But that is when the unrefined humor usually rears it's ugly head.
I'm sure it will happen again!
Happy Trails
Pat

Postby nyker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 pm

I bet most of the little manicured Manhattan Fifi's I see leashed in the park would never make it past the trailhead. I often wonder why a Red Tailed Hawk from Central park hasn't swooped down on one and claimed the poor canine for lunch.

I love dogs, but I feel bad for these NYC dogs that are trapped in apartments all day and only get 30min outside, on a leash to walk around if they're lucky.

Postby 14erFred » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 pm

bonehead wrote:
flatlander51 wrote:even if it's to his own detriment

You refer to the dog as a Male.
Are you some sort of a sexist?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. :lol:
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius

Previous