Avalanche at Tunnel Creek

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Avalanche at Tunnel Creek

Postby griddles » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Oh, I am not saying helmets are bad things at all. Just about everyone I ski with wears a helmet and my girlfriend and mother would both be more than happy to buy me one. I am not a "gnarly dude" by any means, but am very susceptible to suggestion especially from my more "gnarly" friends and a helmet would add one more mark on the go for it side.

Postby dubsho3000 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Sometimes you have to wear a helmet just to make your mom happy...

Postby dubsho3000 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 am

Just finished this last night. I agree with previous posters that this was an excellent story and presentation. I was impressed with the multimedia aspect as well, a sign of the times that so much is recorded these days.

The descriptions of the cause of death for Jim Jack was chilling. It makes is sound like he was just pulverized into a mush. I've thought about the likelihood of blunt force trauma in these accidents, but that description really drove it home.

I thougth the article did a good job finding the balance of providing a memorial for what were likely good people and sharing their life stories, without glorifying them or excusing their mistakes, or demonizing them. Good journalism from that perspective.

It's a very interesting read for a holiday break. Take advantage of the multimedia if you are going to read it.

Previous