Calendar Winter 2012-13 Kickoff

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Calendar Winter 2012-13 Kickoff

Postby Fisching » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:46 am

That comment was in honor of a friend. I assure you no harm was meant.
Although I guess it doesn't help when I've tallied up 2 handfuls worth myself... Guess I'll have to join Darrin in the cross-dress category.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby kansas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am

Fisching wrote:That comment was in honor of a friend. I assure you no harm was meant.
Although I guess it doesn't help when I've tallied up 2 handfuls worth myself...

Don't back down, Greg. Snowflakes are gay...almost as gay as calling unranked ridge bumps 14ers so your list can be 73 peaks.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby metalmountain » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:06 am

SeracZack wrote:
Fisching wrote:Guiding piece of advice for Winter:

Snowflakes are gay.

Wow. What inappropriate use of the term.

Don't worry Zack...I take no insult.

elbows.jpg
elbows.jpg (54.99 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Everyone else has to hope that someone checks out their peak list to see if they have a snowflake. I just carry mine around all the time.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby Fisching » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am

kansas wrote:
Fisching wrote:That comment was in honor of a friend. I assure you no harm was meant.
Although I guess it doesn't help when I've tallied up 2 handfuls worth myself...

Don't back down, Greg. Snowflakes are gay...almost as gay as calling unranked ridge bumps 14ers so your list can be 73 peaks.

Ha!
Touche, sir.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am

I'm sure Greg only meant, "Snowflakes are happy and festive."
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am

kansas wrote:

So that means... you've "gone gay" 4 times???
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby kansas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 am

bergsteigen wrote:

How many icons have I collected for my public profile to make me look hardcore? Do you see any snowflakes?
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am

kansas wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:

How many icons have I collected for my public profile to make me look hardcore? Do you see any snowflakes?

So hiding them makes you...? Oh yeah, a mountain hipster.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 am

kansas wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:

Quandary is a good first 14er. Maybe Bierstadt, but I think Quandary is prettier.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby d_baker » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:07 am

kansas wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:

How many icons have I collected for my public profile to make me look hardcore?

Your profile picture makes you look hardcore, so don't worry about icons.

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:21 am

d_baker wrote:
kansas wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:

How many icons have I collected for my public profile to make me look hardcore?

Your profile picture makes you look hardcore, so don't worry about icons.

^Yup. This is the only little snowflake I see.
"I used to think my Dad was Elvis. But I haven't told him that yet. I haven't told my Dad either." -S. Murdoch
LOJ

Postby wildlobo71 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 am

kansas wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:

It just means you're in the closet, still, Dorothy. We all know you have a fondness for 12-point heels.
You've never really stopped even if you feel like you have.

PreviousNext