Elevation Brewery -- Poncha Springs

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Elevation Brewery -- Poncha Springs

Postby Neil » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:59 pm

So, some friends and I are (were) making our way to Lake City for some 14ers tomorrow. En route, we stopped at Elevation Brewery in Poncha Springs, which is where we've been sitting for over an hour. The beer is amazing...GLORIOUS even. Do not make the mistake of not stopping here before hiking your favorite mountain. It will change your life...and your outlook! Neil out.

Re: Elevation Brewery -- Poncha Springs

Postby dehrlich101 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Them damn breweries always halt forward progress on a road trip.. but for a good reason. Pagosa Springs brewery always distracts us for a while on the way to the San Juans. Thanks for the tip, I'll be checking this one out next week.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby huffy13 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 pm

I have marked it down as a "must visit" for my next trip that way!
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.

Postby profklump » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 pm

We went there as well on last sunday, great place.

Postby PaliKona » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 am

I've heard this is good beer...will have to pick some up. What's the brewery like? Is it a small tasting room or larger restaurant?

Postby traderaaron » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Stopped in here on Saturday after a Sand Dunes, camping, Hot Springs loop. Small tasting room, friendly and knowledgeable beer girl behind the counter, very nice beers. Every beer I had was distinctive within its category and I really enjoyed the Signal de Botrange, a Belgian Farmhouse Ale aged in Chardonnay barrels. Brought that and Apis Quad home (it has local honey in it). Great stop for using highway 50 or 285 through the mountains but its in an old lumber warehouse place on a county road in Poncha Springs so don't expect to just drive through town and see it. And you can find most of the beers in many Denver and mountain area retailers now I guess. And I heard about it here on 14ers.com first :)

Postby Dex » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Some of their beers have a high alcohol content - be careful.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby traderaaron » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Dex wrote:Some of their beers have a high alcohol content - be careful.

Yeah, don't stop in here expecting to drink a couple and hit the road, or the mountain. Have a taste and buy some to take with you.