Why print out summit photo flyers?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Why print out summit photo flyers?

Postby Matt LaCoco » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 pm

g

Let me start by apologizing. If you are offended by any statement that follows, well, it's intentional.

OK. Attitudes like yours are what keeps the human race from evolving to its full potential. This thread is obviously intended to ruffle feathers, and illustrates your need to feel superior to everyone else. Why does someone holding a sign in celebration of their accomplishment bother you? It certainly doesn't affect you in any way, directly or indirectly. "Newb"?! Who do you think you are Mr. 25 peaks? Plenty of people that can be found with a summit ID sign have more mountain experience stuffed in their socks than you'll ever gain.

Again, why do you care? Why did you go out of your way; making a special point to attempt make anyone who uses these signs feel inferior to you. And with your "newb" comment, you offended everyone who is just getting started. You've also represented us as a community in a horrible light. I'd hate to think that someone about to attempt their first fourteener might decide not to because they think anyone they meet on the mountain is going to be like you.

In the end though, all you've done is use the internet to volunteer to the entire world how childish and insecure you are. Posts such as yours are the reason some people prefer paid subscription forums.

Do we have an ignore function? I'd prefer never to have to sift this users garbage from the rest of the posts.
If it's tourist season, why can't I shoot them?

pin scar

Postby pin scar » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 pm

I think I peed myself just a little.

I'll be back.

Postby sbb » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:36 pm

--
Last edited by sbb on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby MUni Rider » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:35 pm

This just got good. :cartman:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby nordberg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:55 am

There's a new girl in my life and I'm hoping for a first ascent. Would a sign be appropriate ?

Postby giarcd » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:58 am

Some folks stay up way to late and others of us get up way to early----interesting posts =D>

Postby butterflyer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:33 am

people like me print out these signs to show that we have accomplished something that we are proud of, to get proof for a charity(mine is Climb With Jack), and to show our friends :) because only the people that have climbed it actually know what mountain you are standing on. and who gives a rats *** if people do that if it makes us happy and you are not affected then it should not bother you.

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 am

Talk about thread necromancy. :-s

Postby butterflyer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:38 am

sorry was just reading this thread for the first time and wanted to give my two sense worth

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

Talk about thread necromancy.

Why post in every thread that comes up, whether one has something to contribute or not?
Why make it so your name appears up and down the front page when people hover over links to recent threads?
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

Oh, it's no problem. It's just kinda funny to see these old threads from years ago resurrected. :mrgreen:

Postby butterflyer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:43 am

haha it was hilarious reading the thread from start to finish it reads like a book :lol:

PreviousNext