Looking for climbing connection(s)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mmcgarity
14ers: 25 
Trip Reports (0)

Looking for climbing connection(s)

Post by mmcgarity »

Hi everyone. I am looking for people to climb some 14ers with. I’ve climbed about 25 different peaks, mostly 2s and a couple of 3s. I want to try to bag the rest of the Colorado 14ers over the next couple of years and would love to team up with others who might be able to continue giving me pointers. My wife does not like me doing them alone, particularly the 3s.

I live in the Springs and have a very flexible schedule. I am kinda old (60) but am in good shape and got a lot of mileage left in the tank. These 14ers are also my training plan as I prepare to climb Kilimanjaro in September.

Here is my tentative next few weeks:

June 12 – Pikes Peak from the Crags
June 18 – Huron
June 20 – Antero or Shavano / Tabequache.
Unavailable June 21-30
July 1-6 – unsure of availability right now
July 12-14 (flexible dates) – Wetterhorn – Uncompahgre – San Luis

I’ll create the rest of the summer after that. I would be wide open to tag along with other people’s plans also!