Missouri - Northwest Ridge - June 19th

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
khorner96
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Missouri - Northwest Ridge - June 19th

Post by khorner96 »

I'm looking for a climbing partner for Missouri Mtn (Northwest Ridge Route) Wednesday, June 19th. I plan on driving up from Denver and car camping near the trailhead Tuesday night and depending on conditions start around 5am. As for pace, last summer I completed Longs Peak (including breaks) in about 8.5 hours and Wilson Peak from Rock of Ages in about 7 hours which roughly averages to be about 1.5 mph with breaks, 2.0 mph without. I've already completed Belford and Oxford so not looking to do the trio.

As far as experience, I've currently done 37 14ers, including two class 4s (Mt. Wilson and North Maroon) and about half the class 3 peaks. I'm hoping to finish all 58 peaks by the end of next summer and am looking for someone with similar experience level to join me!

Reach out if you're interested, I hope to find a partner to do some more Class 3 and 4 peaks with later this summer! I am a 28 year old male who enjoys talking about sports and mountains.
Ryan987
14ers: 31  3 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Missouri - Northwest Ridge - June 19th

Post by Ryan987 »

FYI for another route in case if you didn't know about it, the north face is an awesome snow climb that I highly recommend. I was looking at it on Saturday and it is super filled in, should be a good time if you opt for it
khorner96
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Missouri - Northwest Ridge - June 19th

Post by khorner96 »

Yeah I was thinking about that but I don't have crampons and was thinking it might be a little too steep for just spikes.