G&T on 6/12

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
trekwithbrandon
14ers: 1 
Trip Reports (0)

G&T on 6/12

Post by trekwithbrandon »

Hey 14er fam!

I’m in Denver for a conference on June 10 and 11. I’m planning to stay an extra day and, weather permitting, bag Grays and Torreys on Wednesday, June 12.

I have a lot of trail and hiking experience in the southeast and Appalachia, but none in Denver. I’m looking to do a conditioning hike at altitude in a few weeks (and another in August) before heading to Tanzania in October for a trek up Kilimanjaro.

Anybody up for a couple of midweek summits? I can talk nerdy about bourbon, baseball, journalism, marketing, real estate development, and balancing a home with a teenage girl, teenage boy, and toddler boy. 🀣

I’m sure there will be plenty of other humans out there that day, just looking for someone to shoot the stuff with for a few hours.

BC
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
"Climbing is a journey and not a destination. Men do not conquer mountains any more than a flea conquers an elephant by climbing up its back." - Beck Weathers
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Re: G&T on 6/12

Post by SkaredShtles »

Be prepared for snow.
trekwithbrandon
Trip Reports (0)

SkaredShtles wrote: ↑Fri May 24, 2024 6:46 pm Be prepared for snow.
For sure. Thanks.
"Climbing is a journey and not a destination. Men do not conquer mountains any more than a flea conquers an elephant by climbing up its back." - Beck Weathers
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Came here for gin and tonic content, disappointed it's gray and Torrey.

How about some G&T on G&T??
trekwithbrandon
Trip Reports (0)

pvnisher wrote: ↑Sat May 25, 2024 8:01 am Came here for gin and tonic content, disappointed it's gray and Torrey.

How about some G&T on G&T??
I’m a bourbon guy, but down for a toast at the top.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

"...balancing a home with a teenage girl, teenage boy, and toddler boy." You're gonna need more than two peaks and some gin and tonic to cover this! Or bourbon.
trekwithbrandon
Trip Reports (0)

greenonion wrote: ↑Sat May 25, 2024 9:40 am "...balancing a home with a teenage girl, teenage boy, and toddler boy." You're gonna need more than two peaks and some gin and tonic to cover this! Or bourbon.
I spend a lot of time at the gym or outside alone! :) love those kids, but need a mental reset every once in a while.
trekwithbrandon
Trip Reports (0)

Bump on this one. Anyone want to hang out on Grays and Torreys on June 12?