Any beginner female trekkers looking for buddy?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
daisys21525
Trip Reports (0)

Any beginner female trekkers looking for buddy?

Post by daisys21525 »

I am a total beginner to all of this but I enjoy day hikes, rock climbing (indoors) and camping. I am looking to go for a 4-12 day trek sometime this summer anywhere. Sometime in very early June I will prep for the longer hike by going from NY to VT on the Appalachian Trail. Are there any women interested in having someone tag along or organize a trip together? I am an 18 yr old girl so I would also prefer someone younger but it doesn't really matter.
kmikwilliams
14ers: 58 
13ers: 153 4 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Any beginner female trekkers looking for buddy?

Post by kmikwilliams »

Try posting in the Facebook Group: Colorado Trail Thru-Hike 2024.
"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz
Mountainsabi
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Any beginner female trekkers looking for buddy?

Post by Mountainsabi »

So I posted earlier.. but something went wrong. Omg.Technology is as reliable as the weather! So..I am from Florida.. but borm Austrian. I came here at 19. Been here a while..lol. an avid mountain goat.. been hiking and climbing all my life. Not consistant..not with goals. Spent lots of time last 8 years in Colorado mountains. My kids live in Denver...so I got the time.. but I also look for someone to climb with.. last serious climb was on the Grosse Solstein in Tirol Austria 4 years ago.. friends surprised me😅..and last year I poked around Kentucky Gulck I think I got that right?)..I usuly just pull into a mountain range and camp.. investigate area, weather..rock and dirt condition and start climbimg alpine style.. light and easy...so if you want.. contact me!
Sabrina