! CAIC MAP Display !

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jorts
14ers: 21 3 1
13ers: 60 12 5
Trip Reports (6)

Re: ! CAIC MAP Display !

Post by Jorts » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:51 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 am

By default, I have it set so the map will come up for everyone when an avy level in the state gets to "HIGH" or "EXTREME," otherwise it will show up if it hits your desired level in Display Settings.
Awesome. Thanks for installing that.
Traveling light is the only way to fly.
IG: @summityinzer
Strava: Brent Herring
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Ptglhs wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 am
Sorry to be the skunk at the garden party:

This isn't showing up on cell phones unless I select the 'display as desktop' option on my phone. To the extent thata lot of people check this site on a mobile web device is it possible to have the display appear on mobile version? If the point is to make people aware of dangerous conditions wouldn't a forced notification on a cell phone when things get to red level, high, be more effective than an optional notification on a desktop only version?
Not yet. I'm working on it and should have it out there on mobile by tomorrow.
“Some things never change, no, don't ever change
And I'm feeling the cold
Thinking that we're getting older and wiser
When we're just getting old”
- David Gilmour
Ptglhs
14ers: 58 8
13ers: 76 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Ptglhs » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:12 pm
Thanks for volunteering so much of your time and effort to give people a free website as a resource for the mountains, and for working to try to improve that site to help people stay safer when in them.
mtngoatwithstyle
14ers: 17
13ers: 33 3

Post by mtngoatwithstyle » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you Bill. This is more than we could ask for... it is like Santa Bill came to the rescue at the most appropriate time and once more, making this website the spearhead for mountaineering,hiking and so many more treasured information for all of us who love the mountains and are on this website every day(hahahaha!!) and for those who are starting to visit it or becoming new members and are getting used to seeing what climbing, summer and/or winter hiking entails in all aspects.
Never,never give up!.
mtngoatwithstyle

Post by mtngoatwithstyle » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Ptglhs wrote:

This isn't showing up on cell phones unless I select the 'display as desktop' option on my phone. To the extent thata lot of people check this site on a mobile web device is it possible to have the display appear on mobile version? If the point is to make people aware of dangerous conditions wouldn't a forced notification on a cell phone when things get to red level, high, be more effective than an optional notification on a desktop only version?
Bill, I am having trouble with saving the changes in a Mac. When I click on the CAIC map to always or the other choices and I hit "saving changes" it comes back again to "never". I am not sure why and if this is happening because I am using a Mac or something else that I am not aware of.Thank you.Teresa
Never,never give up!.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:07 am

mtngoatwithstyle wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 pm
BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Ptglhs wrote:

Bill, I am having trouble with saving the changes in a Mac. When I click on the CAIC map to always or the other choices and I hit "saving changes" it comes back again to "never". I am not sure why and if this is happening because I am using a Mac or something else that I am not aware of.Thank you.Teresa
Hi Teresa,

Do you have browser cookies disabled?

I don't have my Mac with me so I can't test on it right now.
“Some things never change, no, don't ever change
And I'm feeling the cold
Thinking that we're getting older and wiser
When we're just getting old”
- David Gilmour
mtngoatwithstyle

Post by mtngoatwithstyle » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:51 pm

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:07 am
mtngoatwithstyle wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:09 pm
BillMiddlebrook wrote:

Hi Teresa,

Do you have browser cookies disabled?

I don't have my Mac with me so I can't test on it right now.

Bill, it looks like cookies are enabled. I also tried on my iPhone 8 and it happens the same. Let me know what your thoughts are. I plan on sharing this wonderful feature in the 14ers website on FB as there are quite a bit of people there asking about hiking 14ers in the Winter that are not aware of avalanche conditions and I am sure it can only be a good thing for them to come to the .com and see what we going going on here... \:D/ Teresa
Never,never give up!.