Overlanding/Trail Rig Camping Recomendations

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 183 2
Trip Reports (7)

Overlanding/Trail Rig Camping Recomendations

Post by kwhit24 »

Recently, I had a Lone Peak Camper (https://www.lonepeakoverland.com/produc ... eak-camper) installed on my Ranger that I've been waiting on for over 15 months. It's similar to the GFC but cheaper with better upgrades albeit a new company based in Washington instead of Bozeman. Anyways, I have been kicking around a lot of different ideas on improvements and add-ons I can make to it so I want to see what others are using that they really like. My longest camping weekends are about 4 days and usually involve multiple trailheads while chasing peaks. Benefit with this set up is I can still get on a fair amount of 4wd trails while being more comfortable and more minimal than a pull behind or insert bed camper. So what are some ideas or products you use to improve your camp set up?

These are some things I'm initially looking at:

Awning
- OVS 270 (Seen good reviews and seems like good quality even with a decent price tag)

Power Set Up
- Need help on this but looking at a DAKOTA LITHIUM 12V 54AH DEEP CYCLE LIFEPO4 BATTERY to power the Juicebox Power Center that I got with my camper. I think I need to get an inverter too for additional power plug ins
- I'm also looking at the portable power systems like Jackery or Bluetti on FB Marketplace if there is a good deal. These don't last as long both for charging things but also life of the battery

Diesel Heater
- Probably going to one of the cheaper ones off Amazon but for my minimal use I think it would work (VEVOR Diesel Air Heater All-in-one 12V 8KW)

Drawer/Storage
- most like going to DIY this one. There are some very good videos on YouTube about this using heavy duty double sliding drawers
- GearVault through Lone Peak (Getting installed soon)
- Looking at some totes Front Runner Flat Packs or Rux (much more expensive)

Fire
- Solo Stove or Pop Up Pit (half the cost) both are good for getting a campfire in remote or wet conditions. Used a Solo Stove this past weekend and the lack of smoke and ease of use was awesome

Lighting
- Devos LightRanger is a telescoping camp light with different light color options so maybe something similar to that
- Also string camp lights

Cooking
- I have a 22" Blackstone that I brought on a few peak bagging trips last year and worked really well
- Jet boil Genesis probably don't need this since I have a Blackstone but having burners is nice

Seating
- Probably don't need anything new since I have a few cheap ones but curious on any recommendations

Let's see your set ups and hear your ideas!
IMG_1702.JPEG
IMG_1702.JPEG (210.47 KiB) Viewed 559 times
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
Ryan P
14ers: 11 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Overlanding/Trail Rig Camping Recomendations

Post by Ryan P »

I don't have any recs, I just want to say that is one sexy beast.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Overlanding/Trail Rig Camping Recomendations

Post by mtree »

An elevator.

I ain't climbing up and down if I have to pee in the middle of the night.
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.