ski S Maroon 5/27 or 5/28

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
One Sierra Charlie
Trip Reports (7)

ski S Maroon 5/27 or 5/28

Post by One Sierra Charlie »

I'm planning to ski S. Maroon Peak on Memorial day or the day after and I am looking for at least one more to join. I climbed and skied the bell chord/lower east face a few years back, but did not make the summit due to rapid heating on that day. This time I plan to climb the Y couloir/south ridge and then ski the bell chord/east face. You can reply here or text three zero three 478 zero four five eight
aksean22
14ers: 58  57  13 
13ers: 151 7 1
Trip Reports (2)

Re: ski S Maroon 5/27 or 5/28

Post by aksean22 »

I can't make it, but here's some beta on your line from the top of North on 5/17. Conditions look excellent, have fun!
Attachments
IMG_2938.jpg
IMG_2938.jpg (76.49 KiB) Viewed 858 times
supranihilest
14ers: 58  42 
13ers: 711 2 8
Trip Reports (115)

Re: ski S Maroon 5/27 or 5/28

Post by supranihilest »

Not a direct report but since Sean mentioned it (hi, Sean!), I was up below the Bell Cord the same day he was on the 17th and two days later on the 19th. It had slid pretty good between those days and left huge piles of debris on the apron. There's some pics on my CR for a nearby peak here: https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstat ... cnum=29033