Mount Lindsey Closure

Information on current and past 14er closures, usually due to private property issues.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Mount Lindsey Closure

Post by justiner »

Briere wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 pm Interesting podcast. I am surprised by the number of climbers on Lindsey in 2022 when it was fully closed. It sounds like still very roughly over 200+ for the year.
I'm def. not. Most people don't know, many don't care.
Briere
14ers: 45  1 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Briere »

justiner wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:56 pm
Briere wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:33 pm Interesting podcast. I am surprised by the number of climbers on Lindsey in 2022 when it was fully closed. It sounds like still very roughly over 200+ for the year.
I'm def. not. Most people don't know, many don't care.
I guess, if you are doing any research online beforehand it would be hard to miss I imagine but I am likely greatly overestimating the amount of research the average person does. Lindsey is a future me problem, likely next year when I hopefully only have ~10 14ers to wrap up.
ltlFish99
14ers: 49  3  2 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ltlFish99 »

Lindsey was more of a future issue for me.
That time is geting closer as i now have 10 left including Lindsey.
Current plans are to hike 6 this Summer/Fall, and hope to finish next Summer. So i hope they can come to a solution in the next year.
In the meantime, i will stay away from that mountain as I do NOT want to add anything negative to the situation. i will keep hiking towards my goal, and if i am fortunate enough to complete all of them except Lindsey, i will repeat some favorites, hike some fun 13ers, and wait for a positive outcome on Lindsey.
amderr22
14ers: 34  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (3)

Post by amderr22 »

I am also among those who will need to eventually make it up Lindsey. We are gearing up for another attempt to strengthen the CRUS next year and we'll need the help of as many people in this situation as possible to build awareness, pressure lawmakers and get the job done. I think we definitely want to gather some stories and testimonials from those who have climbed most of the peaks but are now dealing with closures as the main barrier to completing the 14er list.

You can sign up for updates and action alerts on the coalition website - www.fixcrus.org. The group is being led by the CMC, CFI, Access Fund, and a coalition of other groups working collaboratively with landowners to find a solution.
-Alex Derr
"Some people go to church, other people explore the outdoors. But we're all looking for the same thing, at the core of it: A place in and respect for the world bigger than ourselves."
amderr22
14ers: 34  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (3)

Post by amderr22 »

FYI: Senator Robers is holding a Post-Session Legislative Town Hall tomorrow in Frisco at 5 pm - 6 pm.

I'll be attending to ask him to explain his no-vote on SB 103 and ask him what he intends to do to solve the problem that he has created.

If others want to show up to ask about the issue too and show their support for updating the Colorado recreational use statute (CRUS), that would be GREAT and would help speed up the effort to restore access to the five closed peaks.

Event details are here -> https://fb.me/e/QURpWeun
-Alex Derr
"Some people go to church, other people explore the outdoors. But we're all looking for the same thing, at the core of it: A place in and respect for the world bigger than ourselves."