A+ google earth rendering of flatirons/where else?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jibler
14ers: 13 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (18)

Re: A+ google earth rendering of flatirons/where else?

Post by jibler »

Oh also you all know the whole southern half of canyonlands is super rendered right?

I find it peaceful and meditative to wander thru there. Amazing detail.
Keep looking up - Jack Horkheimer
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

nunns wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:10 pm
justiner wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:04 pm Crazy! I also keep forgetting that the Flatirons were built - of course they'd show up when 3D Buildings is enabled!

construction-of-the-flatirons-1931-jerry-mcelroy.jpg
Am I really gullible? Is this for real?

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
g.u.l.l.i.b.l.e.

(Or is it me?) :mrgreen:
KentonB
14ers: 58 
13ers: 56
Trip Reports (3)

Post by KentonB »

Looks like Garden of the Gods, Queens Canyon, and most of the Colorado Springs area in general has been rendered as well (but not Pikes Peak). Also looks like a lot of the Denver area is done... Including Red Rocks, the Hogback, Deer Creek, Roxborough, North/South Table Mountains, etc.
-wren-
14ers: 51  3 
13ers: 109 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by -wren- »

jibler wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:57 pm Oh also you all know the whole southern half of canyonlands is super rendered right?

I did not, definitely will check that out. Hopefully more work on national parks to come in the future
jibler
14ers: 13 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (18)

Post by jibler »

-wren- wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:26 pm
jibler wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:57 pm Oh also you all know the whole southern half of canyonlands is super rendered right?

I did not, definitely will check that out. Hopefully more work on national parks to come in the future
call me crazy - but I feel this should be google's highest priority! Whatever progress they made a few years ago hasn't been updated since.

I think it is actually a very low priority. although most major urban areas got the treatment.
Keep looking up - Jack Horkheimer