User Profile Changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
blazintoes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 327 3 73
Trip Reports (16)

User Profile Changes

Post by blazintoes »

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 7165 times
Late to the discussion and just a brainstorm. Also this is probably not the perfect thread for this idea. Bill I'm wondering if you could add to the user profile under the 'My Climb Times' a tab for 'My Conditions Report'. CR's are the new TR's. Personally I think CR's are easier and I would even say better than TR's. Also there are users whose info I trust so I would prefer going to their page vs. the entire CR page. I think this would be helpful. Is this idea possible? Please don't shoot me for thinking out loud. Thank you as always for a totally awesome website. You could also add:
'My GPX's". Okay, now you can shoot me.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: ❗My Dashboard

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Sure, but instead of just CRs, I could add a list of all public content by the user, shown similar to how it does in the Dashboard:
3CC186DE-A852-4AEF-B154-CE5663E71400.jpeg
3CC186DE-A852-4AEF-B154-CE5663E71400.jpeg (107.82 KiB) Viewed 7151 times
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

That's a good idea on user's CR's.
I could see looking at supras for sure
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

blazintoes wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:46 am Untitled.jpg

Late to the discussion and just a brainstorm. Also this is probably not the perfect thread for this idea. Bill I'm wondering if you could add to the user profile under the 'My Climb Times' a tab for 'My Conditions Report'. CR's are the new TR's. Personally I think CR's are easier and I would even say better than TR's. Also there are users whose info I trust so I would prefer going to their page vs. the entire CR page. I think this would be helpful. Is this idea possible? Please don't shoot me for thinking out loud. Thank you as always for a totally awesome website. You could also add:
Done. When viewing a user profile, you'll find a new link to all peak conditions updates contributed by the user.

In the next few days I'll add more items (trailhead updates, routes, etc.) under "My Content"
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
blazintoes
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 327 3 73
Trip Reports (16)

Post by blazintoes »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 am
blazintoes wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:46 am Untitled.jpg

Done. When viewing a user profile, you'll find a new link to all peak conditions updates contributed by the user.

In the next few days I'll add more items (trailhead updates, routes, etc.) under "My Content"

You're hired!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

blazintoes wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:16 am You're hired!
FINALLY
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Re: User Profile Changes

Update - 1/25/23:

I've added TH Status Updates and GPX Files to the "MY CONTENT" area when viewing a user's profile...
userprofilechg.jpg
userprofilechg.jpg (78.85 KiB) Viewed 7109 times