Incident for analysis

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Re: Incident for analysis

Post by kwhit24 »

It's disheartening to read all the the disarranging comments on that YT video all because of how dramatic he makes the situation seem. Yeah, the sheriff's could've handled it a little differently but ultimately they took to time (some of of the night before and almost all day the next day) to get to him and walk him out under his own power in what looked like good conditions with plenty of daylight available
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

YouTuber's plane 'crash' video raises doubts as feds investigate

Questions have swirled around a dramatic plane crash video posted by a Southern California YouTuber, as skeptics suggested the crash was staged as a publicity stunt.

---

FAA investigating if YouTuber crashed plane for likes

The FAA and NTSB are looking into whether pilot and YouTube personality Trevor Jacob intentionally caused a plane to crash while flying over the Los Padres National Forest in California for a video.

---

Everything That’s Wrong With The Infamous Parachute Video

The suspected hoax by pilot Trevor Jacob reveals a deep misunderstanding of what pilots find awesome, and the opposite.

---

YouTuber who jumped from plane caused it to crash in order to record video of it, FAA says

The FAA said it was revoking Trevor Jacob’s private pilot certificate and that he chose to jump out of the plane “solely so you could record the footage of the crash.”

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

I don't see the part where the police treated him so badly as he describes or where they called him a DB as he said.
The ID Sheriff FB link doesn't have any derogatory comments from the police toward him either.
They were called, went out and found him and brought him back and summarized it on FB like every other incident they do (and they are not SAR). What did they do wrong?
docinco
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by docinco »

failed to cite him for making a false report?