Mountaineering in Pepsi Documentary

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mikefromcraig
14ers: 53  24 
13ers: 57
Trip Reports (15)

Mountaineering in Pepsi Documentary

Post by mikefromcraig »

The new documentary on Netflix, "Pepsi, Where's My Jet?" has a surprising amount about mountaineering. Apparently, the kid in the 90's who tried to sue Pepsi for a Harrier jet and his primary financier were avid mountaineers. Halfway into the first episode of the doc they talk about this. He climbed Illiniza Aconcagua and Chimborazo in South America, Raineer and Denali, and Everest. He wanted to use the money to go on expeditions. I guess he wasn't so bad after all!
"I don't believe anyone who says they would prefer to die on a mountain in their 30s than in a hospital in their 90s."
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Mountaineering in Pepsi Documentary

Post by Trotter »

The only thing that bothered me was the directors decision to make it seem like they were climbing Mt Vinson totally alone. All the shots were carefully selected to avoid other tents or climbers. But its painfully obvious they are in a group, and probably guided.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche