Annalise Grueter's (AnnaG22) new book!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Annalise Grueter's (AnnaG22) new book!

Post by Tory Wells »

Just got Annalise Grueter's (AnnaG22) new guidebook "Colorado Alpine Trail Runs". It's great! I've done all or parts of 30/45 of the routes in the book--I'm excited to try some of the others!

"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach
Stratosfearsome
14ers: 58  2  33 
13ers: 244 9 3
Trip Reports (10)

Re: Annalise Grueter's (AnnaG22) new book!

Post by Stratosfearsome »

I have this! Annalise presented the book and her journey at Neptune Mountaineering this year! It’s so good.
Nobody climbs 14ers anymore, they’re too crowded.
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Tory Wells wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:03 pm Just got Annalise Grueter's (AnnaG22) new guidebook "Colorado Alpine Trail Runs". It's great! I've done all or parts of 30/45 of the routes in the book--I'm excited to try some of the others!

Oh my goodness, Tory, I am just seeing this thread!! Thank you so much for sharing about my book! I'm so glad you like it and that you agree about the routes :-D Always great to have confirmation that there are many other people that enjoy this specific type of masochism.
I'm living in Germany while attending grad school, but I'll be back in Colorado from mid-August to mid-September if anyone wants to get together for a few alpine jogs once I reacclimate!

I hope all ya'll are having a great coolie climbing season, I've been missing snow something fierce over here!
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
Gulf_Coast_Hiker
14ers: 14 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gulf_Coast_Hiker »

Hey Annalise - Take a look at SJD's vid from 5/6 at the 1:42 mark..... :thumbup:

AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Gulf_Coast_Hiker wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:06 pm Hey Annalise - Take a look at SJD's vid from 5/6 at the 1:42 mark..... :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing! Amazing to see! Seth does some really awesome stuff!
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
Melvin
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Melvin »

I wonder how I didn't know about this book before. Thank you. Before that, I was trying to do some research on the Colorado landscape to combine my passion for running and photography. But they were unsuccessful. Then I ordered research papers for sale https://essays.studymoose.com/research-papers-for-sale to get what I needed. Indeed, based on this research I got the info I was interested in, but now I think I would have rather bought this book.
Last edited by Melvin on Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.