Crestone Peak and Needle

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
splash067
14ers: 53

Crestone Peak and Needle

Post by splash067 »

Greetings! These are 2 out of the 5 I have left to complete of the 14ers. Would rather not do alone, so if you're heading up and don't mind my tagging along, please let me know when you're planning. Thanks in advance and happy climbing to you.
Urban Snowshoer
14ers: 40 3 2
13ers: 19 1 1
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Crestone Peak and Needle

Post by Urban Snowshoer »

I've done these before and would consider doing it again--do you have a particular date in mind?
nunns
14ers: 41
13ers: 4

Post by nunns »

We are going to climb the Crestone group very end of July-beginning of August. Send a PM if that time frame fits for you.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
vallejoclmbr
14ers: 44
Trip Reports (2)

Post by vallejoclmbr »

Looking at grabbing these "possibly" from the cottonwood creek route towards the end of July. Let me know if you're interested as well.
brousseau
14ers: 42

Post by brousseau »

Would love to join Sean or Splash to climb the Crestones. My goal is to climb 12 this summer and need climbing connections for these more difficult ones (Class 3 and above). With a couple of week's notice, I can make almost any weekend work.

John
hellmanm
14ers: 43
13ers: 31
Trip Reports (2)

Post by hellmanm »

I've already done Crestone Peak, but I'm interested in Crestone Needle and Humboldt. I was planning to wait until next year for LB/Blanca, but with the right group, conditions, and forecast I might be down for that too. Plans are still being shaped, but I'm curious when y'all have in mind!

-Mike