El Diente / Mt Wilson traverse - Jul 2

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ClimbingFool
14ers: 50
13ers: 4

El Diente / Mt Wilson traverse - Jul 2

Post by ClimbingFool »

Who would like to join me on the El Diente / Mt. Wilson traverse July 2? I plan to camp in Kilpacker basin the night before. Similar to my post on the bells traverse, I prefer a partner with route finding ability, some class 4 or rock climbing experience, and who will be patient as this flatlander naturally slows on the upper, steeper sections.
happyfeet
14ers: 46 2

Re: El Diente / Mt Wilson traverse - Jul 2

Post by happyfeet »

I’m into it. Any idea about snow up on the traverse? Or el diente for that matter?
ClimbingFool
14ers: 50
13ers: 4

Post by ClimbingFool »

happyfeet wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 pm I’m into it. Any idea about snow up on the traverse? Or el diente for that matter?
Excellent - I'll send you a PM. There was a recent trip report for El Diente from the Navajo Lake side a week ago, but I suspect conditions will change quickly by end of month..
NatDog
14ers: 54
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (2)

Post by NatDog »

ClimbingFool wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:43 pm
happyfeet wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 pm I’m into it. Any idea about snow up on the traverse? Or el diente for that matter?
Excellent - I'll send you a PM. There was a recent trip report for El Diente from the Navajo Lake side a week ago, but I suspect conditions will change quickly by end of month..
I just posted conditions reports from my hike this past weekend. There was still plenty of snow in Kilpacker Basin, but the ridgeline was mostly dry. The north facing traverse just below the summit of El Diente still held a significant amount of snow, but I suspect all other snow above the basin will be avoidable within a few weeks.
happyfeet
14ers: 46 2

Post by happyfeet »

Thanks for the beta. Any insight is appreciated