Conundrum Couloir

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kempenjn
14ers: 15 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Conundrum Couloir

Post by kempenjn »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:04 pm It’s popping off this morning! And I’m being safe at the resort! Holla if at ❤️Land
This didn't age well.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 pm Haha I haven’t even been out the ER an hour, give it time man! So I’m sure this makes some of you thrilled, separated shoulder on a green run after blasting down from 12k on lift 9 haha! Flirting & riding don’t mix on the bunny slopes! Y’all can make fun of me all you want, guess I deserve it. No spring time for me!

P.S who are you and how do you know about me? Lol, I’ll be back this summer for some dog walks on the mountains. I’ll take a break from the forum which I’m sure y’all will enjoy.
You and your promises....

But seriously, I don't think anyone here would want to hear about you getting hurt, in the mountains or otherwise. I would rather hear you lost your internet. lol
When you recover, you should just go send Landry line or Cap.
Yeah, Cap, since it fits your username.
What could go wrong?
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I don't have a sense of humor.
kempenjn
14ers: 15 
13ers: 35
Trip Reports (1)

Post by kempenjn »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 pm P.S who are you and how do you know about me?
Met you on Quandary, you told me to hit you in the DM's.
I'm genuinely glad it's not a more serious injury and wish you a speedy recovery. Just pointing out some irony
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:00 pm I’ll be back for conundrum within a year.
Belford and bunny slopes...

Natural selection is something you should become familiar with. Before you can’t.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 pm It was good before I got stupid
I had to quote that. Just had to.
Can I use it in my signature line??
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 pm
d_baker wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:15 pm
CaptCO wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:10 pm It was good before I got stupid
I had to quote that. Just had to.
Can I use it in my signature line??
I’d say it suits the bill for my persona.
But was there really a before?
such a conundrum, this thread.

Get well. Do your PT. Learn how to snowboard. lol
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

CaptCO wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:16 pm

Thank you, and with all due respect. Trying to stay humble here if possible, but I’ve had hiking partners tell me it’d take 5 years where I’ve gotten in 2 months.
Were they talking about your ability to piss people off on the forums? If so, I agree. You are a natural. =D>
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

LOL, dipshit's hubris meets reality on a <checks notes> ...bunny slope? Jesus f*cking christ, what a tard.
Last edited by Dave B on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make wilderness less accessible.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

CaptCO wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am
Dave B wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:58 am LOL, dipshit hubris meets reality on a bunny slope? Jesus f*cking christ, what a tard.
Good morning, yes I suffered acromioclavicular joint separation. Sorry to disappoint [-(
What do you want, sympathy?

Also, I edited my response after you quoted me, would you mind updating that, I think it's much funnier after the edit.
Make wilderness less accessible.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Again, all kidding aside, but if you really are dealing with depression, get some help. Some of us who have lost friends in the mountains have also lost friends to that ailment. Sounds like you're taking a little break from the mountains so now would be a great time to deal with it. Since you've been to the ER and are in the "system," they can probably point you to someone. Would be a very brave thing to do.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

CaptCO wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:18 am We all have our demons to overcome, I hope I can do that sooner than later. I also smoke way too much and drink more than I should.
I think you can beat all that. You just might need some help. I drank to blacking out pretty much every night for 14 years and smoked for 35 years - as much as two packs a day for a lot of years. No depression (yet). I'm probably the slowest hiker in Colorado, and I don't ski or snowboard at all. If someone like me can tackle those demons, you definitely can too.

Good luck, and take care of that shoulder.