He's Ba-ack!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: He's Ba-ack!

Post by d_baker »

Butt, you and miniVbob could work....and you and TG.....and you and that Texan dentist guy.....but you should just hook up with Sean Nunn from Raytown, MO.
That might be a closer connection for you. :)
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

d_baker wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:50 pm I'm undateable
That’s a little harsh. I have it from good sources that’s NOT QUITE true.

If I were younger, and not already sort of going steady with minivanboob, I’d consider you as an alternative.

You could help me with my snow skillz. Maybe.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Oh, and I'm currently in California...

You and miniBob.... :iluvu: :iluvu:
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

d_baker wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:01 pm Oh, and I'm currently in California...

You and miniBob.... :iluvu: :iluvu:
Boob has been ignoring me lately. I’m...

...crestfallen.

I hear it’s feisty hot out there in Cali? Keep lubricated, my amore. Oh, wait; I’m steppin on Steph. Sorry...my sense of ennui makes me pine for what never was.
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
painless4u2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

d_baker wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 pm and you and that Texan dentist guy....
HA! I do have my standards you know. Comrade Pilgrim? Nah...
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Total thread drift on this subject....and not for the better, or worse.

d_baker wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:01 pm Oh, and I'm currently in California...
highpilgrim wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:18 pm I hear it’s feisty hot out there in Cali?

I'm hiking up Diablo this weekend. Is that a bad idea?
(I'm in San Ramon [living]/Orinda [working], so not too hot I don't think.)
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

justiner wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:36 am I'm not feeling daddy issues, the guy grew up poor and was fairly aggressive in getting his own business off the ground from nothing. He started at 14 working at McDonalds. He does seem to have a problem with authority and law (those pesky things) and as to why he feels the need to act out like this, I can only guess. The Bad Boy image gets a little weird when one gets a little... old. What it reminds me more of is of ski bums in mountain towns coming to terms with aging and having serious mental health crisis about it all. This guy just you know: owns a plane and stuff.
Oh the paradoxes of getting old.
If you spend your youth enjoying life, then you wake up at 50 and ask "what have I accomplished in my first 50 years?"
If you spend your youth working hard and saving, then you wake up at 50 and say: "well I have all these material goods, but what good are they? My youth is now gone."

I'm not sure which side of the coin the Pilgrim is on.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
nunns
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

painless4u2 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:26 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:53 pm and you and that Texan dentist guy....
HA! I do have my standards you know. Comrade Pilgrim? Nah...
As do I.
What would be a fantastic time would be Painless, TallGrass, Pilgrim and I all going on a hike together.

Sean Nunn
highpilgrim
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

nunns wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:27 am I'm not sure which side of the coin the Pilgrim is on.
I like being an enigma at times, but it's funny that you're curious. :wink:

The answer though, is both of the above. I've had fun throughout, but have gotten a good education and job that I like, and some material things as a result. But I never sacrificed one for the other, looking for some balance. Mostly it worked. Some days, I wish I had more in my 401K, most I wish I could get out more and further afield.

I always wanted a Porsche Turbo Carrera, and have come to the conclusion that's not going to happen, at least in this lifetime. But that's ok; I would have just gotten arrested if I had. :lol:
Hunter S Thompson

Dick Derkase
nunns
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

highpilgrim wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:15 am
nunns wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:27 am I'm not sure which side of the coin the Pilgrim is on.
I like being an enigma at times, but it's funny that you're curious. :wink:

The answer though, is both of the above. I've had fun throughout, but have gotten a good education and job that I like, and some material things as a result. But I never sacrificed one for the other, looking for some balance. Mostly it worked. Some days, I wish I had more in my 401K, most I wish I could get out more and further afield.

I always wanted a Porsche Turbo Carrera, and have come to the conclusion that's not going to happen, at least in this lifetime. But that's ok; I would have just gotten arrested if I had. :lol:
You and I are a lot alike then mr pilgrim. Except for our politics. But even there we have a few similarities. Continued best wishes over there on the east side of the state.

Sean Nunn
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Post by justiner »

nunns
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Ahh, nostalgia. I wonder whether my buddy from St. Louis is still lurking on the forum, ready to put down anyone who doesn't share his exact vision of the world? Are you still out there, Mr. Pilgrim?

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO