Woman decapitated by gate in Arches

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Lioness
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Woman decapitated by gate in Arches

Post by Lioness »

timisimaginary wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:54 pm
timisimaginary wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:15 pm also, i thought the term "needlessly decapitated" was odd... is there such a thing as a "necessary decapitation"?
Lioness wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:25 pm According to NBC News, Esther Nakajjigo was "needlessly decapitated" Question - when is decapitation not needless?
the similarity of our comments in this thread is highly disturbing. i guess it's true what they say... mediocre minds think alike.
Didn't you also agree with me in the Trekking Pole thread?
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

The French Revolution had many needful decapitations.
mike offerman
14ers: 58 
13ers: 189
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mike offerman »

Here is a google image of the gate as you are heading out of the park. The visitor centers parking lot is on the left.
gate.jpg
gate.jpg (121.62 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
Lioness
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lioness »

mike offerman wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:30 pm Here is a google image of the gate as you are heading out of the park. The visitor centers parking lot is on the left.
gate.jpg
Well, I think we can see how it happened. Gate not secured, holding it to the post. The stop sign helps a gust of wind push the gate into the road. and into the passenger.