He's Ba-ack!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mountainrev
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (0)

He's Ba-ack!

Post by mountainrev »

David Lesh, the jerk who snowmobiled at Independence Pass and walked out on the log at Hanging Lake (while it was closed, no less), apparently now has posted pictures of himself taking a dump in Maroon Lake. Nice.

https://gazette.com/news/man-defecates- ... 1ea09.html
cottonmountaineering
14ers: 58  7  18 
13ers: 178 38 31
Trip Reports (1)

Re: He's Ba-ack!

Post by cottonmountaineering »

pooping in the lake? right to jail
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Please stop giving this a**hole attention. That's the only reason why he does this stuff. report it to the authorities and be done with it.
RyGuy
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 230 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RyGuy »

mtn_nut wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:48 pm Please stop giving this a**hole attention. That's the only reason why he does this stuff. report it to the authorities and be done with it.
Seconded. Posting this stuff only helps him. Delete the post and leave it. And hopefully the authorities will have the balls to do something much more severe to him than they have in the past.
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Admins, please lock this thread and any threads that have to do with this guy. This isn't related to anything mountaineering, it's just an idiot being an idiot.
mountainrev
14ers: 20 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mountainrev »

The last thing I want to do is help this moron. So I have no problem if Bill wants to lock this thread. However, I don't think the small amount of negative attention given on 14ers.com will in anyway affect him one way or another. He posted it on his own Instagram page, where he has legions of like-minded idiots who give him the attention he craves there, as well as support him monetarily by buying his gear. The fact that this has appeared in at least a couple of Colorado media outlets means that the authorities will certainly be alerted to this.
Monster5
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 289 37
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Monster5 »

I too hope for internet censorship.
Please decide for me how I wish to allocate my internet time.
The societal implications of this forum post remaining make me uncomfortable.
"The road to alpine climbing is pocked and poorly marked, ending at an unexpectedly closed gate 5 miles from the trailhead." - MP user Beckerich
Barnold41
14ers: 15 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Barnold41 »

He's a little too old to be "rebelling" at whatever he thinks he's rebelling at, or about... lock his ass up. Now. Such disrespect for Mother Nature should have much larger consequences.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

mountainrev wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:12 pmwhere he has legions of like-minded idiots
Yeah, so this is what I'm confused about. I checked out his IG, and it is indeed exactly how you say. But what exactly is the "like-mindedness" getting at? What unites his followers? What's their big point? Just general societal rebellion, or what? Usually rebellion (at least for people past their pre-teens) has some goal, i.e. rebellion against capitalism, or government overreach, or whatever. I guess I'm just confused why anyone would be attracted to this. Someone enlighten me? :?
yaktoleft13
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 262 22
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

Man, I thought the title meant TallGrass got unbanned
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Tornadoman »

yaktoleft13 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 pm Man, I thought the title meant TallGrass got unbanned
That would be SO much better than this literal #ss.
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

Eli Boardman wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:47 pm Yeah, so this is what I'm confused about. I checked out his IG, and it is indeed exactly how you say. But what exactly is the "like-mindedness" getting at? What unites his followers? What's their big point? Just general societal rebellion, or what? Usually rebellion (at least for people past their pre-teens) has some goal, i.e. rebellion against capitalism, or government overreach, or whatever. I guess I'm just confused why anyone would be attracted to this. Someone enlighten me? :?
People like watching other people do stupid, Reckless things that thumb their nose at Authority. Or at least some people do. It's the same reason people watch shows like jackass and ridiculousness. It's the same reason people who hate Donald Trump follow his Twitter feed. They're entertained by their own outrage or they want to be the first to object when someone does or says something stupid. I doubt many, if any, of his followers actually want to tear down the existing Wilderness structure, they just like being able to laugh at the antics of some moron.

Given the nature of private and public property in the Alpine there may very well have been times where I've accidentally traipsed across private property when bagging a 13er. I'm not going to comment here, and I certainly don't brag about it then. First rule of breaking the law is you don't f***ing talk about breaking the law.