Winter Finisher: Classic Lounging!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Winter Finisher: Classic Lounging!!

Post by AnnaG22 »

Congratulations!! That's a hefty accomplishment!
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
bmcqueen
14ers: 58  52 
13ers: 356 15
Trip Reports (24)

Post by bmcqueen »

Congratulations Greg! Huge accomplishment.
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment." --- Nasreddin

https://listsofjohn.com/PeakStats/Conte ... queen&t=14
BobbyFinn
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 573 5 7
Trip Reports (19)

Post by BobbyFinn »

Congrats!
JtheChemE
Trip Reports (4)

Post by JtheChemE »

Greg, nice meeting you yesterday in abbreviated fashion, and nice style points for the victory lap on Pyramid yesterday! Congratulations on finishing out the Winter List!
TonkatsuDave
14ers: 58  12  26 
13ers: 43
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TonkatsuDave »

Congrats!!! =D> It was nice running in to you on Huron on Saturday, what an awesome day! I was jealous of your fat bike when I was trying to haul my skis through the slush and mud on that never ending road though.
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Congratulations
jbchalk
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

Greg, you the man. A huge congratulations to you. Honored to share the C & C summits last year with you and Natalie. All my best.
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Congratulations on this major alpine achievement, Greg! Keep the faith, and keep on climbing. =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Congrats Greg! I remember hiking with you on Sarah's Elbert finisher a few years ago, glad to see you now join that club!
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
jasayrevt
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 159 4
Trip Reports (26)

Post by jasayrevt »

Way to go, Greg! Sincere Congratulations on reaching all the Colorado 14er summits! Very nicely done.

'Winter' fishing is definitely quite an incredible, remarkable mountaineering accomplishment.

Also - Great display of perseverance! Positive kudos regarding achieving this colossal feat.

Thank you for being a consisistent, inspiring presence in our community. Keep climbing safe and strong.

13ers are extremely cool peaks too!
"A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never revert to old dimensions."

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live life as you have imagined."

"Motivate others towards attaining highest aspirations."
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment. =D>
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

Congrats Greg! I vaguely remember being near a winter summit or two with you, many years ago! Mostly because your summit nap was long over by the time I arrived.

Enjoy the accomplishment!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina