What's wrong with this picture?

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Re: What's wrong with this picture?

Post by TallGrass »

TomPierce wrote:my plate tectonic explanation.
That's soooo 20th century. :barf: Plate TEXT-tonics is where it's at -- all in the thumbs, daddy-o! Cut a rug and Bejewel that Angry Bird peak into focus to merch that b-yatch! :YY
Last edited by TallGrass on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DArcyS
14ers: 58 
13ers: 544
Trip Reports (3)

Post by DArcyS »

Very good, TallGrass.

But finishing on the subject spiderman touched on, this is what happens when you have mountains and open borders. They just show up all over the place.
RETEP 1
14ers: 58 
13ers: 38
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RETEP 1 »

I'm so gullible....first thing I was thinking was Jicarita Peak...
RobertKay
14ers: 58  4  3 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (10)

Post by RobertKay »

Why does his left hand only have three fingers and no thumb?
Peakmarker.com
TomPierce
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TomPierce »

RobertKay wrote:Why does his left hand only have three fingers and no thumb?

Robert,

That's easy. I know that dude, he's an Everest summitteer. He lost his fingers and thumb on Everest to frostbite, training for an ascent of New Mexico's highest peak.

-Tom
Lobojasper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lobojasper »

Psh, there is no mountain in NM that gets even close to that much snow, even in winter. Skiing there sucks, everything melts out by febuary. If you are driving up from texas just drive the extra two hours to colorado where it actually looks like this.
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Round Two follow to Round One. Do an Amz search for any of these including "Lantern Press" along with desired location+descriptor+merch limiters. Omit to see other solutions for a given variable. LP could make a really tough game of Memory Match Game with these. Some are like Photo Hunt.

Which of these Elk ones (last shows elevs) are correct? See how Fort Collins mountain bikes drove off them moose and eroded the mountain only to be taken over by yuppie Boulder *cough* "Mountain Bike"s? I bet those "trails" are paved.
Lantern_Press4.JPG
Lantern_Press4.JPG (56.68 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
For those that think the following are easy hikes... Can anyone name the mountains in the following, or if they've seen the respective fauna on Evans? Descriptions list these as Goat Family, Moose and Lake, Bighorn Sheep, I Made It! (bike), Black Bear Family, and Mountain Goat.
Lantern_Press5.JPG
Lantern_Press5.JPG (171.34 KiB) Viewed 2515 times