Nice Days

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Nice Days

Post by rijaca »

It was a nice day....
Needles 1-27-17.small.JPG
Needles 1-27-17.small.JPG (599.36 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Nice Days

Post by Shaolin »

Looking good!
summitstep
14ers: 15 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by summitstep »

Breathtaking! Thanks for sharing. Lucky you for getting to be there!
"In this high country that we love, trails are steep. We climb each mile, breath by breath, and at the threshold of pain, bliss overtakes us."

"It's called CRAZY. And somehow, when you are bent over your poles, staring at your boots- heart heaving and trying not to cough your lung onto a rock= you look up...and you are looking down over all those beautiful mountains....and you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"For all the richness of normal, everyday life, it is good sometimes to trespass high in the sky, and live with uncommon intensity, experiencing something that gets close to the sublime."
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

Wow....
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Pigeon looks caked!
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

I know where I'm spending my spring! \:D/
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
TravelingMatt
14ers: 56 
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

Where was that? I can identify Eolus, Windom and Sunlight but nothing looks like Arrow or Vestal. Pigeon then couldn't be the peak to the left of the Chicago Basin peaks because it's also in front of them, and no vantage point seems to allow that.
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
seano
13ers: 218
Trip Reports (3)

Post by seano »

TravelingMatt wrote:Where was that? I can identify Eolus, Windom and Sunlight but nothing looks like Arrow or Vestal. Pigeon then couldn't be the peak to the left of the Chicago Basin peaks because it's also in front of them, and no vantage point seems to allow that.
Purgatory somewhere? That looks like a groomed run in the lower right.
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

TravelingMatt wrote:Where was that? I can identify Eolus, Windom and Sunlight but nothing looks like Arrow or Vestal. Pigeon then couldn't be the peak to the left of the Chicago Basin peaks because it's also in front of them, and no vantage point seems to allow that.
Top of lift 8 at Purgatory. You can clearly see Pigeon/Turret/NEolus/Eolus.
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
TravelingMatt
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

Got it. You're looking into New York Basin. I look for the steep east face to identify Pigeon, but you can't see it from there. So this:
purgatory.jpg
purgatory.jpg (717.74 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

I'm not so sure you can see Sunlight, but probably the Ruby Basin 13ers to the NE of Pigeon (maybe that's 13 sticking up?).
d_baker
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

d_baker wrote:I'm not so sure you can see Sunlight, but probably the Ruby Basin 13ers to the NE of Pigeon (maybe that's 13 sticking up?).
EDIT: I see you took Sunlight tag out of your picture.