New Spring Gathering Location & Thread - SHAV/TAB

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?
MountainHiker
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (104)

Re: New Spring Gathering Location & Thread - SHAV/TAB

Postby MountainHiker » Fri May 10, 2013 7:18 am

We’ll be heading up this evening after work. Will probably arrive around 9:00. Red 4 door Jeep Wrangler.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
GregMiller
14er Checklist (30)
14ers Skied (4)
14ers in Winter (1)
13er Checklist (18)

Postby GregMiller » Fri May 10, 2013 7:30 am

I should be getting there around 7ish (plan on driving over to the Jenning's Creek trail and seeing how it looks, in terms of snow pack). I'll be driving a red subaru (with a 14ers sticker, of course).
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes
MonGoose
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (6)
14ers in Winter (14)
13er Checklist (22)

Postby MonGoose » Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 am

I'll be arriving this evening around 7pm and tomorrow, I plan to hike the standard route of Shav / Tab with the group. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Chunkroc
14er Checklist (20)
14ers in Winter (3)
13er Checklist (1)

Postby Chunkroc » Fri May 10, 2013 7:59 am

Should be there around 8ish. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
SurfNTurf
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (25)
13er Checklist (60)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri May 10, 2013 8:24 am

Dex wrote:So how does the planning work on this?

I don't see where there is a schedule for departing the camping area for the climb or ski.

Does someone just shout out - "I'm planning to start at 5am. Who wants to come with?

Or

Do people just go and meet up on the top in the hot tub?

I'm not going - just curious.

Some people plan ahead through the forum, others show up and find a group to hike with at camp.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
SurfNTurf
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (25)
13er Checklist (60)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 am

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
Kitten
14er Checklist (58)
14ers Skied (1)
14ers in Winter (2)
13er Checklist (54)

Postby Kitten » Fri May 10, 2013 9:16 am

We will be there this evening around 6ish or so. Plan to snowshoe/hike on Sat to Shavano, maybe ski down the Angel (depending on conditions). See you there!
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.
Lemmiwinks
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (11)
13er Checklist (87)

Postby Lemmiwinks » Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 am

If Jennings Creek is accessible, I'm going to try Carbonate and Cyclone. If the TH is not accessible, I'll probably head up Shav with everyone else. If anyone else is interested in Carbonate and Cyclone, let me know. I plan on getting to the campsite around 9pm.
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer
SurfNTurf
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (25)
13er Checklist (60)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri May 10, 2013 9:35 am

Lemmiwinks wrote:If Jennings Creek is accessible, I'm going to try Carbonate and Cyclone. If the TH is not accessible, I'll probably head up Shav with everyone else. If anyone else is interested in Carbonate and Cyclone, let me know. I plan on getting to the campsite around 9pm.

I might be up for something like this Sunday. My plans are completely up in the air for the second day. I'm going to do Shav (and maybe Tab) Saturday with the group, though.

kushrocks
14er Checklist (58)
14ers in Winter (19)
13er Checklist (21)

Postby kushrocks » Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am

Anyone possibly interested in La Plata Sunday?
Brian Thomas
14er Checklist (58)

Postby Brian Thomas » Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 am

kushrocks wrote:Anyone possibly interested in La Plata Sunday?

Yup. Am skinning up the NW ridge standard route on Sunday. Join us!
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan
k-berger
14er Checklist (19)
14ers Skied (3)
13er Checklist (24)

Postby k-berger » Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 am

I am leaving the denver area at 3, should be there around 6 or so. Driving a gold Honda pilot, should be fun!! If anyone wants to carpool let me know but I have to be back in denver Saturday evening so I will be leaving right after the climb...

Return to “Climbing Connection”