RIP Rob Jansen (rjansen77)

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Re: RIP Rob Jansen (rjansen77)

Post by metalmountain »

SummitKathy wrote:
BenfromtheEast wrote:
The second memory is from the Leadville Trail Marathon this past June.
Would anyone be interested in running this in memory of Rob next year? I have always wanted to do it, and can think of no better reason than this.
I could be down. I bet there are quite a few people around that would take part in this. It would be pretty cool to get a group of us all to go run it.
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

metalmountain wrote:
SummitKathy wrote:
BenfromtheEast wrote:
Would anyone be interested in running this in memory of Rob next year? I have always wanted to do it, and can think of no better reason than this.
I could be down. I bet there are quite a few people around that would take part in this. It would be pretty cool to get a group of us all to go run it.
I'd be down as well
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
HarknessHooligans
14ers: 50 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (15)

Post by HarknessHooligans »

SummitKathy wrote: Would anyone be interested in running this in memory of Rob next year? I have always wanted to do it, and can think of no better reason than this.
Kathy,

That is a great idea. I'm not sure I'm capable, but I will definitely keep this as an option.... and if not, I will totally come to be your support crew \:D/ !

HH
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

"Oxygen is Overrated"

These are the words Rob used before this years Lead Marathon.

I'll be there, running and remembering Rob especially on the flats after Mosquito.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Kathy I love the idea. My knees would never let me run a marathon. But if this happens I will be there cheering everyone running for Rob. Ill have a couple cases cases of Dales for everyone when they finish to help us celebrate as well.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

I love it, too!... I think this could be encouragement to get me at least wogging again... perhaps I could aim for running 1/2 and crying the other... but I'd do it for Jansen.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
marie123
14ers: 51  2 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by marie123 »

Kathy I think that is a really cool idea. I really entertained the idea this year, but the truth is, I pretty much chickened out and was too intimidated. What better way to get motivation than doing it in memory of Rob with a big group. I've never run a marathon, so let all us newbs know the details on what we need to run prior in order to be accepted.

Bill - I can wog and cry with you because I know this will be really hard for me!
metalmountain
14ers: 42  1  2 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (1)

Post by metalmountain »

marie123 wrote:Kathy I think that is a really cool idea. I really entertained the idea this year, but the truth is, I pretty much chickened out and was too intimidated. What better way to get motivation than doing it in memory of Rob with a big group. I've never run a marathon, so let all us newbs know the details on what we need to run prior in order to be accepted.

Bill - I can wog and cry with you because I know this will be really hard for me!
It wouldn't be a marathon for me without a bit of wogging ;)

We could get a training group together come spring though!
"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

metalmountain wrote:
SummitKathy wrote:
BenfromtheEast wrote:
Count me in.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
SummitKathy
14ers: 52  2 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by SummitKathy »

I'm so happy to see the positive responses on this idea! Once I see that the Leadville Marathon registration is open for 2013 I will start a separate forum thread on this topic. What a memorable and meaningful experience it will be for so many to Run for Rob (R4R).....I can picture the T-shirts already. We could raise money for the MRA in the process as well if that would be of interest.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”-John Muir
marie123
14ers: 51  2 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by marie123 »

SummitKathy wrote:We could raise money for the MRA in the process as well if that would be of interest.
Love that!
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

marie123 wrote:
SummitKathy wrote:We could raise money for the MRA in the process as well if that would be of interest.
Love that!
If we prove our worth maybe we could wear their logo, like an official partner... of course that logo will have a big asterisk next to it with the disclaimer that "these are not the folks who really will be saving lives, you must be in shape to be a member of MRA."
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus