at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers!
GeorgiaTyler
14er Checklist (22)
13er Checklist (22)

at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

So i am leaving on my dirtbike in 2 hours and heading to American basin to climb/ski handies via cinammon pass. I'm meeting up with some buds who are already there. Since I am on my bike i want to minimize weight. Obivously taking my skis (not bringing my AT setup), i'm debating whether or not to bring snowshoes AND/OR crampons. I should be arriving at the TH at 7 pm. Hopefully the snow is hard pack enough where i would NOT need snowshoes. Also, Tomorrow alpine start to catch a sunrise summit, i hope the hard pack will be sturdy enought for crampons to bite. If not I'll be post holeing and i won't be happy. Or will there even be enough snow to care? SO should I take cramps or snowshoes (prob not both), safe bet is shoes, but i would rather not ski down with them on my back. The only reason that i am asking is becuase i'm not taking my SUV (then i'd pack it all and decide at TH). Any suggestions from anyone that has been up that way? Bonus - the HUGE full moon rising over A. basin should be epic.

i typed this fast at work, so i hope it conveyed the right message.

cheers.

t
Climb up Pints down
GeorgiaTyler
14er Checklist (22)
13er Checklist (22)

Re: at work itchin to get out, need some help.

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Fri May 04, 2012 3:48 pm

ok, ok, i'll take a hot tub... Anyways, no takers.? Leaving in 30 minutes. Prob. just gunna play it safe and take the snowshoes.

cheers y'all.
Climb up Pints down

Return to “Ski/Ride the CO Peaks”