Forum rules
This forum is read-only
TalusMonkey
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (33)

Post by TalusMonkey »

You hit the 300th post, jfox8541!

fleetmack,

The B&B looks great. If its a problem to hold a blastfest there, that's understandable. Maybe we just need to locate one of those "everyone's always gone shootin up that gulch" places for the blastfest. I think there is a place in Pike National Forest, down US 285 where shooting is tolerated...but I'm not sure of its exact location.
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."
Jon Frohlich
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Van McDaniel wrote:You ladies need to take your safety in a serious light. If some of you hike with men that refuse to protect you if God forbid the worse happens, what are you going to do?
I personally have hiked with many different women and not a single one has ever asked if I had a gun let alone ever discussed wishing we had one for protection. This includes many nights camping in many different places around the state. Of all the people I have ever hiked with not a single person has ever carried or thought about carrying a gun on a hike.
elkheart22
14ers: 14 
13ers: 40
Trip Reports (0)

Post by elkheart22 »

Sigh..........

Oh for the good old days when I climbed 14,000 ft. peaks without a cell phone, a pistol on my hip, my Border Collie running free & unleashed, and never seeing another person.......

Oh well, can still do it on 13ers.......except for the Border Collie...He's been long gone for about ten years now....
Lakes below the mountains
Flow into the sea
Like oils applied to canvas,
They permeate through me. --- Jimmy Buffett
TalusMonkey
Trip Reports (33)

Post by TalusMonkey »

From a previous discussion this summer, our own well known member, Roozers42, reveals at least someone comforted by the presence of a firearm:

http://www.14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2823&start=69

C'mon! mtgirl, luckylabgirl, sunshine1, will you girls hike with the armed redneck TalusMonkey from North Carolina?
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

I don't need no stinkin man to keep me safe in the woods.......some of us strive on independence.... :)
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
TalusMonkey
Trip Reports (33)

Post by TalusMonkey »

mtgirl, you're so sassy! ;)
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

Sassy??? Naaaaa.

Hardheaded is a possibility though.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
mildly neurotic
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mildly neurotic »

Pardon Me...Did I say that was suppose to prove anything? Don't believe I mentioned anything about banning guns. Take two asprin and call your doctor in the morning!
I usually take 4 asprin and a shot of valium. I have several doctors with me here at the facility, so no need to worry. Seriously though, I don't know why you would post that about those children being killed by guns to a thread about gun control if you weren't trying to make a point with it, that's all.
sunshine1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sunshine1 »

TalusMonkey wrote:From a previous discussion this summer, our own well known member, Roozers42, reveals at least someone comforted by the presence of a firearm:

http://www.14ers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2823&start=69

C'mon! mtgirl, luckylabgirl, sunshine1, will you girls hike with the armed redneck TalusMonkey from North Carolina?
Sure I'll hike with ya!. But can you handle 3 girls at one time? Or maybe I should ask myself if I could handle the 3 of you ...MtGirl carries a gun...USAKeller has pleaded the 5th, and Talus well you pack it all!
Who is John Galt?
gander4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gander4 »

Talus Monkey, if you get USAKeller a gun I'll bring the camera.
TalusMonkey
Trip Reports (33)

Post by TalusMonkey »

gander4,

USAKeller has access to my guns, but I'll get her one if she wants one of her own. I'll get a pic on a future hike.

sunshine1,

Thanks for stepping up! I'm sure you could handle hiking with the Monkey. I'm always willing to take a mid-westerner shootin!

Oh, here is a nice article about the need to arm up for natural disasters!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/ap_on_re_us/gun_law
Geof3
14ers: 23  5  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Geof3 »

gander4 wrote:
Flatland Biker wrote:quote]

Instead of banning guns, why don't we just ban stupid people from breeding.
BINGO :D
Blue Steel