14ers.com app data transfer

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

14ers.com app data transfer

Post by SunNFun »

Does anyone know how to transfer your data from the app on one phone to another? I got a new phone and did a data transfer from one device to the other but my recordings and routes info didnt transfer. I appreciate it.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: 14ers.com app data transfer

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Sounds like you're using Android. Did you use Google Backup to save all of your old apps and restore them on the new device?

If not or if the 14ers.com app didn't get restored:
For routes, your new phone will already have everything in the app, you'll just need to bookmark/download images for the routes you want to view when you're away from the internet.
For map recordings, you can export them to GPX on the old phone and transfer the data file off of the device from your computer. But there is no way to import them back into the 14ers.com app at this time.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
SunNFun
14ers: 7 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14ers.com app data transfer

Post by SunNFun »

I do have a android. I used the "Copy my data" which is for contacts, calendar and photo's from what I read about it now. I will try the Google backup and see what happens since the other phone still works. Thanks