Home Page Changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Home Page Changes

Post by CaptCO »

Ahh pictures are showing up. Home page looks like Megan Fox in her transformer days now =D> I don’t think she ages though. It would be interesting if you accepted photos from others as one big cache. That way you could always update a route description if you felt the need. Cheers
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
Cygnus X1
14ers: 28 1
13ers: 15

Post by Cygnus X1 »

Bill, I also miss the peak list that you removed, not for the green checkmark but for the easy access to info for the ones not checked.. So I'll throw out this suggestion (maybe you'll throw it out too :-D ) - add the peak list back to the homepage but make it collapsible so those that find it clutter can hide it, just like you did for he Recent Activity list.
cedica
14ers: List not added

Post by cedica »

Cygnus X1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:10 am ...make it collapsible...
It's pretty much what it is now, hovering the pointer over "Peaks" tab and highlighting "14ers", just one click brings new and improved peak list up.
Cygnus X1
14ers: 28 1
13ers: 15

Post by Cygnus X1 »

cedica wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:32 am
It's pretty much what it is now, hovering the pointer over "Peaks" tab and highlighting "14ers", just one click brings new and improved peak list up.
Haha, hadn't explored changes beyond the front page. I eventually would have found it but thanks for pointing that out.
kingshimmers
14ers: 13
13ers: 18 1

Post by kingshimmers »

I might be the only one, but the UI designer in me really wants the recent activity to be on the left side of the page instead of the right.

(I also think Recent Updates might make more sense as a title, but that's also just personal preference).
"Be the beta you wish to find."
CaptCO
14ers: 58 14
13ers: 45 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CaptCO »

If you click tab, forum > forum it states the request page couldn’t be found?
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool

Proof is in the progress, patience is essence; I’m crazy as a fox

"The future no longer belongs to my generation"

DM @Capt_Alec for nudes
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Good points! Thank you.

I’ll be back working on it tonight.
“No one is exempt from the odds of even” - Marilyn Manson
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Cygnus X1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 am
Haha, hadn't explored changes beyond the front page. I eventually would have found it but thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah, I didn't mention that I made a bunch of changes to peak pages, etc. :)

Just one click or tap on "PEAKS" up there by the logo will get you there fast and it has all of the same functionality of the old home page peak list, as well as some sorting options by column.
“No one is exempt from the odds of even” - Marilyn Manson
d_baker
14ers: 58 15
13ers: 284 9
Trip Reports (57)

Post by d_baker »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:10 pm
Cygnus X1 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 am
Yeah, I didn't mention that I made a bunch of changes to peak pages, etc. :)

Just one click or tap on "PEAKS" up there by the logo will get you there fast and it has all of the same functionality of the old home page peak list, as well as some sorting options by column.
I don't see the option for Top 100 or 200 anymore though. Is it there and I missed it, or is it in the works? (along with the tri-cent list would be cool....lol)

Edit: I guess clicking on the CO Rank will essentially do the same thing. A lot of scrolling...oh my finger
pw
14ers: 45
13ers: 70
Trip Reports (1)

Post by pw »

I would like the pause button on the picture on the front page, I always try to guess the peak, now it goes by a little quickly on some of them. I like the new cleaner look.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pwahl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pvnisher
14ers: List not added
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

I liked the maroon font better than the current blue.
stephakett
14ers: 28
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (1)

Post by stephakett »

oh my, those peak lists are swanky =D> thanks for the updates bill!
“My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.” (Aldous Huxley)