Home Page Changes

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
uwe
14ers: 58
13ers: 34

Re: Home Page Changes

Post by uwe »

Bill, After all these years, you are still cranking and innovating to provide the best dedicated 14'er website in all the land. Hat's off to you and thank you very much for continuing to putting heart and soul into this awesome project!
jakethesnake_630
14ers: List not added

Post by jakethesnake_630 »

My "Display Settings" updates don't save when I make changes .. anyone else? I'd definitely like the avy FCST permanently on my home page.
STRAVA

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

jakethesnake_630 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:34 am My "Display Settings" updates don't save when I make changes .. anyone else? I'd definitely like the avy FCST permanently on my home page.
I'm guessing you're using a mobile device? The CAIC graphic will come up on tablets but not phones because it's a fixed width and doesn't display well on small screens. I'll tinker around with it to see if I can get it to be acceptable or at least display a message above "Recent Activity" when the CAIC level is at or above your specified setting in Display Settings.
“No one is exempt from the odds of even” - Marilyn Manson
jakethesnake_630
14ers: List not added

Post by jakethesnake_630 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 am
jakethesnake_630 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:34 am My "Display Settings" updates don't save when I make changes .. anyone else? I'd definitely like the avy FCST permanently on my home page.
I'm guessing you're using a mobile device? The CAIC graphic will come up on tablets but not phones because it's a fixed width and doesn't display well on small screens. I'll tinker around with it to see if I can get it to be acceptable or at least display a message above "Recent Activity" when the CAIC level is at or above your specified setting in Display Settings.
I'm on a PC, tried again today but it won't save. Not a huge deal on my end, but appreciate it.
STRAVA

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"
-Pre
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58 46 22
13ers: 167 55 45
Trip Reports (7)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

You could try changing other options like the # of entries shown in Recent Activity. If none of the changes work, it's likely a cookie blocking issue.
“No one is exempt from the odds of even” - Marilyn Manson
nyker
14ers: 58
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

I do like the new photos on the home page. Good work Bill.