Trip image upload problems

If you have a problem with a non-forum page of the site, please post here so I can take a look. I appreciate being notified so I can make it right. -Bill M.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Trip image upload problems

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

FYI

If you were having problems with the order in which photos were uploaded to a trip report, it wasn't just you.

I recently updated the 3rd-party file upload software and several people have told me about sequencing problems when uploading. After some digging, I found the new version was no longer uploading files in sequence so I had to change it to force the images to be uploaded sequentially. Should be fixed now.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: Trip image upload problems

Post by Jay521 »

Bil - I just did a little TR on Aetna and had a lot of trouble getting the vids to stick. I'm 99% sure I was putting them in correctly and I did a save before I exited but a couple were gone when I went back to preview it. Then, when I added them back in, another one would disappear. Took me several tries but I got them all there (by configuring one, then saving the TR, then adding the next and saving, etc. I don't think I was fat fingering anything so maybe you can duplicate it on your end? Continuing thanks for all you do for this site! --Jay
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Jay521 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:36 am Bil - I just did a little TR on Aetna and had a lot of trouble getting the vids to stick. I'm 99% sure I was putting them in correctly and I did a save before I exited but a couple were gone when I went back to preview it. Then, when I added them back in, another one would disappear. Took me several tries but I got them all there (by configuring one, then saving the TR, then adding the next and saving, etc. I don't think I was fat fingering anything so maybe you can duplicate it on your end? Continuing thanks for all you do for this site! --Jay
Jay, I'll look into the video inserts. Thanks!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

Bill - one more thing - I was trying to size them @ 1100 (like I did the pics). In the process of reloading them, I downsized them to 1000 so maybe that had something to do with it?
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down