Upgrades

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Upgrades

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I applied a bunch of forum and site-wide updates this morning, including a different (green) forum style.

Please post in this thread if you see anything that's messed up or can't log in/out properly.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
GregMiller
14ers: 37  4  1 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Upgrades

Post by GregMiller »

Isn't it a bit late for St. Paddy's Day Green?
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

GregMiller wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 am Isn't it a bit late for St. Paddy's Day Green?
Absolutely not!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
yaktoleft13
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 264 22
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

Hey Bill, thanks for all you do!

One thing I've noticed over the last month or so since the prior big update: on the home page on mobile, when i scroll down to view topics, the page will jump back to the top. It'll do that two or three times before I can actually click any of the links without the jump occurring. I'm on Android.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned before, but figured I'd let you know!
Mtnman200
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 440
Trip Reports (85)

Post by Mtnman200 »

yaktoleft13 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:30 am Hey Bill, thanks for all you do!

One thing I've noticed over the last month or so since the prior big update: on the home page on mobile, when i scroll down to view topics, the page will jump back to the top. It'll do that two or three times before I can actually click any of the links without the jump occurring. I'm on Android.
That’s been happening on my iPhone as well.
"Adventure without risk is not possible." - Reinhold Messner
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I’ll look into that one. Thanks!
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Nice contrast.
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

Mtnman200 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 am

If you clear your browsing history and clear cookies, it should fix itself.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
kingshimmers
14ers: 15 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kingshimmers »

I may be doing something wrong, but I seem to be currently unable to upload photos (https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/uploadimage.php). It doesn't error - it actually starts the progress bar - but nothing appears to be uploading.
"Be the beta you wish to find."
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

kingshimmers wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:41 pm I may be doing something wrong, but I seem to be currently unable to upload photos (https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/uploadimage.php). It doesn't error - it actually starts the progress bar - but nothing appears to be uploading.
Fixed.
I forgot to activated some image-processing modules used by that page.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

speth wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Yes, please let me know if clearing browser cache fixed the problem on your phones. If so, I can look into whether or not I missed a "force new copy" when I applied that update.
yaktoleft13
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 264 22
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm
speth wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Yes, please let me know if clearing browser cache fixed the problem on your phones. If so, I can look into whether or not I missed a "force new copy" when I applied that update.
As soon as I logged back in to my account, it started doing it again. It didn't seem to be doing it while I was logged out