New Trip Report editor

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: New Trip Report editor

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

CaptainSuburbia wrote:I'm wondering if there is a way to change the added date? I just today posted an old trip report for the first time and would like it to show up on the list of most recent trip reports. It shows I added it back in June when i started writing it (I must have briefly activated it back then by mistake).
There's no way to change it yourself but if you want me to, I'd be happy to correct the date. Just PM me the trip report number or name and the date you want on there.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Jon Frohlich
14ers: 58 
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Maybe this is obvious to others already but maybe not. One of the things in the new editor that drives me nuts is a new paragraph when you hit enter. I don't necessarily want a new paragraph every time I hit enter. Instead of hitting enter if you hit Shift+Enter instead it will insert a line break (<br>) instead of a paragraph tag.

Clearly other people don't necessarily like this either because the tinymce forums are full of people asking how to turn it off.

Hope this helps someone else frustrated by it doing that.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

I'm really starting to like the new editor - creating a TR is MUCH quicker than before - and I've only done a few with the new editor. I'm sure it will get even better as I get used to it.

A couple questions - is it possible to set imagine size at the beginning of a TR and have that stick (unless overridden at the image level). For example, if I want all 30 imagines to be 1100, I now have to go into each image and set it.

Second - maybe I missed it, but I don't see where I could select "wildlife, wildflowers, map included, etc", like on the old editor.

Even without those two things, this editor is much better than 1.0

Thanks, Bill!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Jay521 wrote:I'm really starting to like the new editor - creating a TR is MUCH quicker than before - and I've only done a few with the new editor. I'm sure it will get even better as I get used to it.

A couple questions - is it possible to set imagine size at the beginning of a TR and have that stick (unless overridden at the image level). For example, if I want all 30 imagines to be 1100, I now have to go into each image and set it.

Second - maybe I missed it, but I don't see where I could select "wildlife, wildflowers, map included, etc", like on the old editor.

Even without those two things, this editor is much better than 1.0

Thanks, Bill!
Thanks for the post, Jay.

1st, there's currently no "easy" way to set all of the image sizes at once. I'll look into that. BTW, users can already click the "View With Large Images" link at the top of trip reports to see your reports with the larger version of the images. When TR photos are uploaded on the edit page, there are 3 sizes created: thumbnails, normal (800x600) and large (1600x1200).

2nd, I ditched the icons. Sorry. Now it just displays icons for: 1) A Google map included based on gpx file, 2) gpx file is downloadable and 3) if the report is clearly a link to an external trip report.

-Bill
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs