Adding Condition Reports...

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Adding Condition Reports...

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I've changed the way photos are uploaded to condition reports. When editing a report, photos can now be added in bulk, using a process that will also soon be added to the trip report pages.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
TakeMeToYourSummit
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 287 25 2
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Adding Condition Reports...

Post by TakeMeToYourSummit »

Thank you Bill! I can't wait til this is implemented on the TR's!
I'm horrible with names...
But will never forget a mountain's face!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

TakeMeToYourSummit wrote:Thank you Bill! I can't wait til this is implemented on the TR's!
Next week!

AND the new TR editor is WYSIWYG, drag-and-drop photos, etc. :)
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

While the update does make it faster to add multiple pictures, there doesn't seem to be a way to add captions to the pictures anymore, and old conditions reports have their photo captions removed too. Sometimes it's helpful to explain what the picture shows. Is there a chance we could add this feature back?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Yup. When I get the new editor installed on each of the report pages (trip, peak condition, th condition), captions can be entered directly in the report along with a drag and drop of the photo so photos can be seen full-size in the text of the report. I need to get the new photo upload process in place on each of the pages before I can add the new editor.

Thanks!
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

So far, so good, Bill!
Looking good, thanks for your continued efforts to improve the functions within the site.
Eli Boardman
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Eli Boardman »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Yup. When I get the new editor installed on each of the report pages (trip, peak condition, th condition), captions can be installed entered directly in the report along with a drag and drop of the photo so photos can be seen full-size in the text of the report. I need to get the new photo upload process in place on each of the pages before I can add the new editor.

Thanks!
Sounds great, thanks! The amount of effort you put into a free site is really appreciated.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I forgot to mention that the photo limit on Peak Condition Reports is now