Foreign language climbing/mountaineering podcasts

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Foreign language climbing/mountaineering podcasts

Post by dpage »

I've spent the past year reviewing German with Duolingo in hopes of reading a couple of books by Ueli Steck that were only released in French and German. But before reading the books as I wrap up the usefulness of the app I started listening to "Bin weg bouldern" to help with listening comprehension in a subject that interests me. Does anyone have other suggestions for podcasts, YouTube, etc in any foreign language in case others in a similar situation?
JChitwood
14ers: 58 
13ers: 51
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Foreign language climbing/mountaineering podcasts

Post by JChitwood »

Nein.
"I'll make it." - Jimmy Chitwood
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Re: Foreign language climbing/mountaineering podcasts

Post by nyker »

That's pretty dedicated of you...you get an A for effort!

After visiting the Japan Alps, I had set the lofty life goal of climbing the Japan 100 highest peaks from a book I found (Nihon Hyaku-meizan)...and the even loftier goal of understanding the books on the mountains there which seemed to have great descriptions/maps/guides, but all of which were in Japanese.
I haven't gotten too far on that at this point...... :-"