My Story of Finishing The Centennials.

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Bailey Tyson
14ers: 54 
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Re: My Story of Finishing The Centennials.

Post by Bailey Tyson »

OwenRichardson wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:29 pm Congratulations! I'm not positive, but I believe we (two young boys) camped next to you guys near Vallecito Creek. Regardless, I'm super happy to hear you got Jagged! What an awesome way to finish out a multi-year project.
That was us! Wish I had started as young as you! Keep on rocking!
I fight the battle that is already lost.
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Oman »

This is great. Thanks for posting, and congrats on the achievement.
CliminDave
14ers: 58 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (4)

Post by CliminDave »

Strong work Bailey Tyson!
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Congratulations on a great achievement!!! Based on the knowledge displayed in your posts, I assumed that you had finished the centennials long ago. Like you say though you are at least as much of a technical climber as a peak bagger.

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
Bailey Tyson
14ers: 54 
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bailey Tyson »

nunns wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 pm I assumed that you had finished the centennials long ago. Like you say though you are at least as much of a technical climber as a peak bagger.

Sean Nunn
Yeah, I really wasn’t focused on the list for awhile, and then I wanted to finish with Amy, since it was really her goal. Jagged was the perfect mountain for us to finish together on.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
I fight the battle that is already lost.